Thread: turbo for dc5r

turbo for dc5r

sup ....just a curious owner of a dc5r.....i'm just wandering how much would it cost to get the dc5r turbo'd wif a stock turbo kit (that will allow more boost later on aswell)......i'm talkin about all internals....kit..everything needed...n if possible labour....brands and models would be appreciated thnx....

For someone to install it, tune it and all parts involved (including internals etc.) you are probably looking around $12k+.

The only kit to go with if you are serious about a turbo build is Full-Race. www.full-race.com. Yonas (JDMYard) can probably source these kits for you at a decent price. Inline Pro also sell turbo kits or you can piece one together yourself if you know what you're on about.

Internals, depending on how hardcore you wanna go is anywhere from $1K to $6k+. But being a K20 engine, they are almost bulletproof within reason. So you will probably only need pistons and rods. So around $1500-2000.

Then you need to relocate your battery, re-run your A/C lines and heat wrap everything. You also need: injectors, FPR, fuel pump, clutch, gauges and an ECU. This is all without touching the head. Granted to get 300-350hp out of a K20 is easy with boost - so you don't really need headwork done, but again..... depends how hardcore you wanna go.
    Last edited by Waggy; 07-03-2007 at 07:22 AM.

ok ...thnx for that ...much appreciated...

Lol... did I turn you off?

I was going to turbocharge my Civic... until I added it all up. To do it properly it was going to cost me over $15k. So yeah... decided against that

lol na man....u havent turned me off the idea just put it more into perspective....thats something if i was gona do i would do a bit later....i was actually expecting it to cost more lol....thnx for ur input though

there was a guy that use to own a white DC5R, his was turbod for around 10k cuz he knew someone... made 223kw atw perfect if ur into straight line racing....