Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 Honda Legend

Honda Legend Code #43

Hey guys,
    I posted in another section relating to this section but it appears I may get more replies here.
    Our 1991 Honda Legend with the C32 has a Code #43 correspoding to the left fuel supply system. the idle fluctuates, it acts as though it is stuck on choke soemtimes and it sometimes puffs out smoke.
    What I need to know is what is likely to be causing this #43 code?
    Any help at all will be appreciated, as I don't really know where to start with this problem.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Steve

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Maybe your fuel pump is on its way out... Also, when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    maybe the injectors are clogged up.

Fill the next tank with 98RON and/or use some fuel injector cleaner fuel additive
    .© ♪

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    I recon you have lazy o2 sensors.

clean the TB and test the O2 sensors, when they are warm they should be very responsive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 Honda Legend
    Thanks guys.
    I already asked on Acura-Legend.com but they didn't give any hints as to what might be causing the code #43.
    The car was always serviced every 10, 000 Km's by previous owner so the fuel filter would have been replaced then.
    We only run the car on 95/98 RON anyway and we had a fuel injector cleaner in ther not too long ago.

I forgot to mention sometimes we can smell fuel leaking from somewhere. Is it possible the injector O rings might be leaking and causing the idle to fluctuate generating the code #43 ? Just a thought.

I will check the O2 sensors in the next day or two. I would be more inclined to think if the O2's were bad I would be getting a seperate code.

EDIT: ECU MAN I think you might be on to something here, apparently after doing some reading, the O2 sensors can cause a code 43.....Hmm I will have to check them now.
    Last edited by HondaLegend89; 08-03-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    If you smell fuel then there could be a leak somewhere. Maybe the Fuel Filter was not tightened properly
    .© ♪