Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K24A3 into an EK

hey everyone,
    i think this has been covered before but not too sure. Anyway, i have found a K24A3 engine out of an Accord Euro and was wondering if it is possible to do a conversion into an EK Civic Hatch. I know that a guy in Brissy did a K20 conversion into his EK coupe, and although it took some work it fitted fine. So yeh my question is can this be done and does anyone know where it can be is the Brisbane area, and does it differ much from the K20 instal?

Yes i am a nooby so any shining light on the subject would be much appreciated. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    it can be done yes, anything can be done with enuf money...
    search sites like www.k20a.org & www.honda-tech.com and ull find all u need...it is by no means a cheap swap tho... hope u got deep pockets...
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

haha yeh i have shallow pockets more than anything. The engine itself was $3000 with no gearbox so i thought it was a bargain, but yeh i guess it wont be happening if the instal is going to cost a fortune

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    All K swaps are the same,yes it might seem ok for the motor..but you hasve to add on a huge list of parts to obtian a running K motor in that chassis.

It also depends which type of parts you obtain..cheap-expensive ect..

I'd assume your talking about me(K20 swap in EJ coupe)..any questions PM away bud
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

na i was thinking of doing it in a hatch

Member Array
    Car:
    GD1, EK4R,
    Quote Originally Posted by finch87 View Post
    hatch and coupe have the same engine bay so the whole process would be exactly the same
    IJOEYI
    0o0 whats that... a b20 aye?

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by finch87 View Post
    lol and? the guy posting above u did the coupe k20 you speak of.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Dude, it is going to cost you a shitload.
    I have a K24A3 longblock sitting in my garage. Im doing exactly this but into an EG. Check the thread in my sig (last few pages) if u wanna see pics of it.

Heres just some of the things you will also need to buy to get it going:
    mounts, axles, tranny, ECU, wiring harnesses, fuel setup (regulator, lines, rail, pump), clutch cyl and line, brake and sussy upgrade (highly recommended!), fluids, maybe a new radiator, rad hoses, heater hoses, headers, exhaust, id get a new IM. Thats all i can think of now, the list goes on!!

Thats at least $10k there IMO. Not to mention the time and labour that will take to do. You need to be dedicated to do this. Its taken me 2 years so far and im not even close to finished
    Last edited by Paul1985; 07-03-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    hahaha yer bro..im getting $1000-$2000 worth of parts in small little box's.
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    i seen a k24 in a ek hatch .. tigh fit but its goes in fine ... also p/s was also fitted .. no a/c .... the guy sed he didnt want a/c so it could be done with a/c as well

its used hasport mounts .. str8 bolt on .. engine was just a simple bolt on with the hasport mounts ... the bonnet was cut along the skelton thingy to clear the motor ...

looks very good tho ...

lol and? the guy posting above u did the coupe k20 you speak of.

haha sorry dude. i read it wrong. i thought he was asking if i was doing it in a coupe lol. how embarrasing

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985 View Post
    Dude, it is going to cost you a shitload.
    I have a K24A3 longblock sitting in my garage. Im doing exactly this but into an EG. Check the thread in my sig (last few pages) if u wanna see pics of it.

Heres just some of the things you will also need to buy to get it going:
    mounts, axles, tranny, ECU, wiring harnesses, fuel setup (regulator, lines, rail, pump), clutch cyl and line, brake and sussy upgrade (highly recommended!), fluids, maybe a new radiator, rad hoses, heater hoses, headers, exhaust, id get a new IM. Thats all i can think of now, the list goes on!!

Thats at least $10k there IMO. Not to mention the time and labour that will take to do. You need to be dedicated to do this. Its taken me 2 years so far and im not even close to finished
    well it started off as an idea but i had no idea the amount of money it would need just to get the thing going. FARK THAT. But in saying so, if someone wants a K24A3 give us a pm and ill give the name of the guy to contact. Also has the gearbox and all the gear. Its basically a halfcut for about $5000
    Last edited by finch87; 08-03-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I have gone through the same thought process as you. Thought I had sourced a cheap block, but then there is a huge list of parts to add on to make the conversion work. Ended up being far more than I was willing to spend so gave up on it . Have much respect for those that have done it though.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.