Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a

h22a type s replacement for h22a.

I was thinking of swapping the h22a engine in my accord for a type s h22a. Will the engine swap straight over or does there have to be any modifications. Also what type of power difference is there and would the swap be worth it. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    as far as I know, the jdm type S h22a puts out somewhere like 15-20kw more than the AUDM h22a due to a number of things like the type s intake, headers/exhaust, slightly(?) bigger internals or something along those lines. But to answer ur question unprofessionally, i reakon it should fit

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    lol bigger internals.

itd most likely just be intake/exhaust stuff, you could try searching for a workshop manual for each engine, thatd probly give you a good idea

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    ok im not a engine nut but i was refering to the tb n wateva else that can b bored out a lil more. also type s cams, type s pistons, etc

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Pretty sure the type s is 220hp. jdm h22a is 200. Like Tarks said. Different pistons different cams, intake etc. Pretty sure they only came obd2 which would probably be the main problem with swapping. Probably better off just upgrading the current engine with aftermarket internals.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    type s H22a where 97-01 i think..so pending what generation accord you have there could be difference's in wiring..but you can swap over your loom onto the type s motor anyways.
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_b_blastn View Post
    type s H22a where 97-01 i think..so pending what generation accord you have there could be difference's in wiring..but you can swap over your loom onto the type s motor anyways.
    It's a 94 accord had the h22a put in from a jdm 94 prelude vtir. Just hoping to pull out the engine and put the new one in to gain some power or would you think that there would be complications?
    Cheers mate.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Account Disabled Array
    I will be a direct bolt-on...

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Accord View Post
    It's a 94 accord had the h22a put in from a jdm 94 prelude vtir. Just hoping to pull out the engine and put the new one in to gain some power or would you think that there would be complications?
    Cheers mate.
    nope. don't let noobs tell you strange things. You'll be able to swap your dizzy, injectors, or any other plugs that needed to run the Type S motor. Shouldn't be any complications for someone who knows what they are doing.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EF9 SiR
    The type S H22 Actually also recieved a factory hand port polish job, just like type R engines.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    and the type s used higher domed pistons for a higher CR

seriosuly use the 3k or so it will cost you and upgrade your motor, you can easily make up the power loss with basic bolt ons and a computer (prob more power than type S)
    yes it will be a direct swap, all the mounting points ect will be exactly the same as they are physcially the same motor externally
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-