Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 crx
    i purchased a 94 crx 2days ago..

compression was 198,198,189,198. from what mech told me 198 is perfect. up to 40 psi down is ok. engine has 160,000 kms as far as i can tell engine is still strong.

every1 i have spoken to has said tight little cars with very strong engine as long as u take care of it eg. good oil, good fuel and regular servicing. yes give it some, cos it wants it.. my engine wants me to push it! 2nd gear at 7500revs gets me to 90kms and it still wants to go harder!

i can see this engine getting to 240k-250k without skipping a beat. do urself a favour and drive one. then ull no why we love them.

i have super lows on the front an lows on the back, 17in momo gt2's, and mild body kit. every where i go ppl and looking, and on the street iv had no problems losing traction or understeer.. but as i said iv only had it two days.

my brother has a 99 corolla and i thort that ran on rails!

cant comment on brake specs as i havent got that far yet.

hope my 2c helps...

keep posting and let us no ur decision

i no u ll make the rite one in the end.

thx for ur time

paul

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^that helps.. but lol.. maybe i'm the one who shud say "thx for ur time"?? haha

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Del Sol
    I find it handles very well, has a big ass boot, revs very easily and is very forgiving in terms of gear changes (will go over speed bumps in 3rd and not have to change down after). The electric rear window is fantastic as is the cover for the stereo (no more detachable face issues).
    I hated the position of the hand brake so moved it over using a LHD version, and also the roof is a bit of pain to take off and put on if only one person is doing it. Also no boot release really sucks. Other than that it is a very sporty little car that is very fun to own.

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    Quote Originally Posted by <sloth> View Post
    i purchased a 94 crx 2days ago..

compression was 198,198,189,198. from what mech told me 198 is perfect. up to 40 psi down is ok. engine has 160,000 kms as far as i can tell engine is still strong.

every1 i have spoken to has said tight little cars with very strong engine as long as u take care of it eg. good oil, good fuel and regular servicing. yes give it some, cos it wants it.. my engine wants me to push it! 2nd gear at 7500revs gets me to 90kms and it still wants to go harder!

i can see this engine getting to 240k-250k without skipping a beat. do urself a favour and drive one. then ull no why we love them.

i have super lows on the front an lows on the back, 17in momo gt2's, and mild body kit. every where i go ppl and looking, and on the street iv had no problems losing traction or understeer.. but as i said iv only had it two days.

my brother has a 99 corolla and i thort that ran on rails!

cant comment on brake specs as i havent got that far yet.

hope my 2c helps...

keep posting and let us no ur decision

i no u ll make the rite one in the end.

thx for ur time

paul

maybe its time for you to do an ITR brake upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by z3lda View Post
    Very Impractical Car!!!! >_<
    Its more practical then a s2000! More boot space then alot of sedans i've seen/owned. More storage compartments as well.

As for weight once you do some weight reduction you can easily get them under a tonne. I'm at 990 at the moment (half tank of fuel) and theres still heaps to remove

Also do yourself a favour and get coilovers. you'll love it!

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    while ur at it get a b18c, the POS b16a is useless.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Its more practical then a s2000! More boot space then alot of sedans i've seen/owned. More storage compartments as well.

As for weight once you do some weight reduction you can easily get them under a tonne. I'm at 990 at the moment (half tank of fuel) and theres still heaps to remove

Also do yourself a favour and get coilovers. you'll love it!
    thats one of the things i asked initially...

would you by any chance have a weight breakdown of certain parts....

even the factory bumpers (could convince to get fibreglass bodykit)..
    radiator.... factory wheels.... targa...

but when i think about being the car it is... theres really not much to strip??

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Engine wise car is great, only downside is sourcing certain parts can be pain in the arse with things which arent on shared platform (read: eg civics).

1996+ models are hell of a lot cleaner & have extra goodies too, like airbags, nicer steering wheel, chipped key & Immoboliser & black interior panels (not grey) as well as OBD2 (sorta)
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^that didn't come up in my searches here so thanks a heap... narrows my choices down.. damn carsales and tradingpost...

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Delsol
    Delsols are great cars i love the shape, look & the way it goes

There are only a couple of disadvantage things i have noticed like -

those damn roof leaks - you have to get rubbers changed & use some sort of sealant for them is such a rip off though for buying the rubbers.

the inside door handles are such a pain !!!

the only other problem i had was with the radiator never forget that day !!!

if only i could take off & put the roof on myself other than that its perfect - i might need to start doing weights hehe

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    thats one of the things i asked initially...

would you by any chance have a weight breakdown of certain parts....

even the factory bumpers (could convince to get fibreglass bodykit)..
    radiator.... factory wheels.... targa...

but when i think about being the car it is... theres really not much to strip??
    HAHAHAH Watever!!!

I've pulled about 60 - 80 kilo's out so far! and i haven't even removed PS, AC or ABS fully yet! light weight seat, lighter wheels, carbon/fibre glass targa top (or just remove it all together!!)

Theres tonnes to strip man.

Theres sooooooooooooo much sound deading in there its not funny. i removed 30 - 40 kg's from the boot alone!

Just some figures for you

Stock 1114 kg's (unknown fuel amount, probably full)
    After some stripping 994 kg's (half tank fuel)
    Last edited by JasonGilholme; 16-03-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    mmk after doin some more digging... im starting to get worried about torque....

I will pay $50 for someone around the Blacktown area (SYDNEY) to take me for a spin in their crx... i will also provide an e-tag for the trip so as to go on the motorway to fang at a decent speed....

just wna know what the power band feels like..... prefer stock or intake+exhaust modified example.

i'm just not fully convinced despite it being one of my dream cars... i'm used to driving my NX with close to 100wkw (after my last dyno due to some other mods) without camshafts and plenty more torque... and my mates DC2R JUST barely walks me after i get a lead in 1st/2nd/3rd initially.

my crossroad is:
    Gen3 CRX + full NA bolt-ons
    = ~$16k

NX with ~120+wkw in full NA bolt-on trim @ 11.5:1CR
    = $8K as i have all the parts from write-off bar the camshafts
    Last edited by dsp26; 17-03-2007 at 08:42 AM.