Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznboi
    plus integra Ls engine is shit..
    A B18A LS Integra in good nick will beat both the SOHC Vti and Si Civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    i agree with Stocky. Also, IMO, the GSi/LS B18B engine would also beat a Vti and Si.....

107kw vs. 96kw anyone?
    lol..so pssst... u should research ur stuff before asking simple questions and following them with silly replies..
    there're plenty of stickys on this and other forums regarding specs and ratings for a range of Hondas..... please read.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    jon u should b a mod
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    bahaha...pfft... that'd be the death of the forums. i'm too much of a dickhead..

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    bahaha...pfft... that'd be the death of the forums. i'm too much of a dickhead..
    You make quite a bunch more sense than our "in-house" mods Jon brother -

Quote Originally Posted by Ben MR Xxplosive
    . . . I used to watch them die literally..
    it was funny...foam comes out. . . "
    I mean, WTF.

But u are learning Jon !

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    You make quite a bunch more sense than our "in-house" mods Jon brother -

Quote Originally Posted by Ben MR Xxplosive
    . . . I used to watch them die literally..
    it was funny...foam comes out. . . "
    I mean, WTF.

But u are learning Jon !
    jon u r an honest man...lolz
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

FYI: sohc vtec was only launched in Oz after the motor journo's learnt about the DOHC VTEC. Honda released the Vti and claimed it made 96kw - the equal of the Si.

The Honda car club dynoed these engines back to back when the Vti was still available, guess what................. The Si made 5kw more at the wheels than the Vti, Plus it had more torque everywhere. The Si was also lighter because it did not come with sunroof / bumper braces etc. They use the same box and came fitted with the same tyres. So of course you would assume that the Vti is faster, Because............. let me see, there must be a reason, ....... it has more letters in the model name .

If the sohc vtec is such a kick ass engine, Why did the models that followed the Si with the same engine (Vti / Vti coupe etc ) make less power? LET ME SEE, BECAUSE THE VTI only ever made 88KW, BUT YOU COULD NOT RELEASE THE ACCLAIMED VTEC WITH LESS POWER, So We got a watered down Vtec (Just like the Yanks had always had in the EG)!

Non Vtec integras are line ball with the Si, they have about the same power-to-weight and trque-to-weight. The ratios are also about teh same.

WHAT WE NEED IS AN OZHONDA 1/4 Mile shoot-off at all the tracks around Australia. Then all these asthmatic Vti's and base model Integra's can battle it out for non-vtec supremacy.

But at the end of the day DOHC is always better than SOHC VTEC AND DOHC VTEC Beats No Vtec. Regardless of capacity and chassis.

PS the Integra XSi has a b16a and was the top dog not the B18B, PONDER THAT!

Lets talk about iVTEC - Thats some power torque.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    The Honda car club dynoed these engines back to back when the Vti was still available, guess what................. The Si made 5kw more at the wheels than the Vti
    Can you give us some more info about this?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Was that Gary's red EG Si that made the power? Actually, it was his wifes and I know it had a few tweaks done to it.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

my b16a chopped a LS..... only by about 1 carlength