Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

1991 Civic dual carb questions

What is the fuel tank size of a 91 Civic sedan? And can anyone tell me what would be a fair fuel consumption figure for this vehicle in an automatic?

Dual carb 1.5 version

I am getting high 10s or low 11s per 100kms around town which is higher than I would expect. 200,000kms on the odo.

I also noticed that when I dont use high octane fuel I get a ticking sound when accelerating hard (pinging? or just carby noise?). I asked my old man about this (he serviced the car since new) and he said it has done this for many years running on 91 octane and is due to the aggressive timing and don't worry about it. He has adjusted the timing before and the ticking comes back soon after. He also said it has been like that for so many years if it is causing any problems we would know about it by now. The car doesn't appear to be blowing any smoke and still pulls away just like I remember it did when we purchased it.

I think it is due for a tune but I think I will run it on high octane anyway. Anyone have a view about that? The noise is more annoying than anything else.
    Last edited by yfin; 17-03-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    I think it is due for a tune but I think I will run it on high octane anyway.
    how do u tune a stock ecu?
    or do u mean a service?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by [ricer] View Post
    how do u tune a stock ecu?
    or do u mean a service?
    It is carby so you can make some adjustments to the carburettor, timing

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    oicccc cool cool

Member Array
    Car:
    ED CIVC FD CIVC
    I run mine on shell 95 get the best k's out of it out of what i have tested so far 400km city driving 500 highway i believe the tank is 40l

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    The tank is 45l according to a broshure i downloaded (can't remember where from but i can send you a copy if you want)

I used to get the same ticking/pinging when i run it on normal petrol but it's gone since i started using 98RON. I got a EFi engine but still same thing happens.

Fuel economy wise, depends how i drive it i guess, can go as good as 10l (even 9 if i'm being a granny) to as bad as 12l
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

i get at least 450 out of a tank (45l) on my dual carb even without driving like a grandma, but i find if i run good 98 octane (bp) my car tends to run really rough when warming up and during this time occasionally stalls, i dont know if its because the car wasnt ment to run such a high octane, but try it on the 95 or the boost98 (10% ethanol) they seem to get the best out of it

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    I get about 500Km from my ED GL man sedan b4 refuelling. I use Shell premium 95 for that car. Average fuel consumption around 7L or just under for me. Air cond on most of time and city driving ( not bumper to bumper stop start but ).

Official city fuel consumption for my car is 8L/100Km according to redbook.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Those are some good numbers you guys are getting. I am only onto my second tank but for the first I only got about 400kms in the city (short trips). Lets see how it goes for this tank - I am trying 98 ron now.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    I also find that even close to the empty line there is still some 10L left in the tank which reminds me of my old EG breeze. May be they want ppl to be cautious esp the car doesn't come with a low fuel warning light.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO
    my friend use mobil 8000 on his caby engine ... he can run around 450kms and mine use 91ULP only got about 330 to 350kms in the city.

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitty Rail
    yea, i drive an ed6 hatch, i know its a bit lighter than the sedan but it shouldnt be too far off...
    i used 2 do about 420-430km per tank on 98ron...then i put in bosch ignition leads and sparkies and its doing about 480km's per tank...and its not an exaggeration...even after i put headers, hi flow cat, and 2 inch cat back, the fuel economy wasn't hurt...its good value for getting some economy from the d15's...