Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CiviC-06] Scuff Plate Installation

Hi Guys,

I have just recently purchased the Civic 06 Scuff Plates with the Blue Light. It looks really nice and I tried to install it last night but ran into some difficulty, mainly with finding a constant power source.

I obviously want to have it so that when u open the door, the scuff plate light turns on. Just wondering if any of you have installed these scuff plates before?

Also where the scuff plate sits on the door. exposes the wire that you have to run to the inside of door trim, is there any way around this other than drilling a small hole?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

hi, i was going to buy this one as well... did u bought it from Ebay? hopefully some1 can help us in this... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    hi, i was going to buy this one as well... did u bought it from Ebay? hopefully some1 can help us in this... ^_^
    yeah i bought it off ebay...better than buying from dealer...

ive checked 8thCivic.com and other forums but no luck just yet.

Thanks for ur reply

use the interior light as a source.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    use the interior light as a source.
    yeah i was thinking abt that as a last minute option..bt i would prefer when u open say the drivers door, the door sill lights up, i think if i connect it to the dome light..that when any door is open, all lights will appear on..

i dunno will get it looked at again 2nite...

thnx for ur help..JasonGilholme

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    there is always a wire near yr fuse under the driver side dash. All you need is a tester and keep trying on each wire

If you only want the door one to light up connect it to the appropriate door sensor. (ie left door sill to left door sensor etc.)

If you only want the door one to light up connect it to the appropriate door sensor. (ie left door sill to left door sensor etc.)
    Hi JasonGailholme, thanks again for ur help, Im gonna give it another try tonight and see how i go, to also give it a more flush installation, I might even have to drill so that the wire that connects the scuff plate is hidden...=(

anyways..will update u guys with some pics hopefully!!

Nothing wrong with drilling.

Make sure you connect all wires properly (twist and tape isn't always good enough) and if you do drill a hole make sure you use a rubber grommit so that your wires don't get cut and so that you don't get any rust.

have installed the same in my 07 Odyssey (scuff for Ody for sure). first two options for constant power, i) fm fuse box as Jason's advice ii) the way i did connect constant power between seat and door sill. once you removed the plastic/rubber trims, test each wire with meter/light to locate the constant power then use a clip to tap the +ve for the scuff (presume red)

Extend the -ve for scuff (presume black) and tape to the door sensor (near door on the body) trigger the interior light. Once done, u r ready to rock and roll.

DO NOT drill any hole in the body for the scuff wire. Try to locate the wire near close to the door sill and you would not see it once the rubber trims been installed back but make sure the metal would not cut the wire easily.

Nothing wrong with drilling.

Make sure you connect all wires properly (twist and tape isn't always good enough) and if you do drill a hole make sure you use a rubber grommit so that your wires don't get cut and so that you don't get any rust.

yeah ive already soldered the passenger doors connection, but yeah might have to drill..to give it a more flush look...

it actually looks really good when lit hey..

Yeah i've seen some good examples of these.

Good to see some soldering action