Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR View Post
    perhaps it doesn't make a difference, if you twist while pushing down, i suppose its something to be experimented with - i believe measuring the amount of damper adjustment is done while the strut is pushed in.

as for releasing springs without compressors - we've had this discussion before on here - as I said Its a warning, if you end up with a broken arm, a broken leg or worse don't complain - safety with compressed springs is paramount.
    Yep adjustment is done while compressed. Turning while pushing it in is just part of locking the adjustment mechanism. But you can do this by turning while compressed and pushing down aswell until you feel it click into place.

I dunno. I've had enough with spring compressors. But yes I would not advise to do it this way. Just saying that personally I have done it numerous times without incident and you do it at your own risk.
    Last edited by Eclipsor; 24-03-2007 at 12:55 AM.

thanks guys, prolly take it out this weekend and compress it using compressor.

so...anyone here willing to lend me their compressor? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Supercheap has them for about $30 i believe... good to have in a shed.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Newcomer Array
    sorry guys, i'd like to ask a question about koni's. I just installed them on my car and realised the rear is sitting really high. Is this because i didnt adjust the circlip height right? my rear clip is in the middle perch. To make it lower is the perch meant to b above or below?

I think its the top, but just wanna confirm as i do not want to dismantle my rear assembly again.

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    move the clip down to go lower, or up to go higher.. simple!
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com

Newcomer Array
    ok thanks for that. Also another thing, wen i installed my springs on the lowest perch for my rear, i could move my springs around wen it was assembled in the shock. Does this mean the perch is to low for this particular spring set up? if i install the shock with a lose spring, will the weight of the car make the spring sit properly or does this mean that the spring is too short for this particular perch?

Quote Originally Posted by QuaCky View Post
    ok thanks for that. Also another thing, wen i installed my springs on the lowest perch for my rear, i could move my springs around wen it was assembled in the shock. Does this mean the perch is to low for this particular spring set up? if i install the shock with a lose spring, will the weight of the car make the spring sit properly or does this mean that the spring is too short for this particular perch?
    it isnt held captive. Dont worry , when the corner weight of the car rests on it , it will sit fine. BUT there is a possibility of the spring coming off the perch and possible noise issues or seating issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by QuaCky View Post
    its fine to move around when not installed on vehicle.. as long as once u have it on the car and the car's wheels are off the ground the spring doesnt move its fine..

all the bushing on the car will never allow the shocks to be fully extended
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Newcomer Array
    already tried em out, but thanks heaps for the quick reply guys.. i sorted it out already. These koni yellows are awesome. What spring set up do most ppl choose? I originally had kg//mm springs but i wasnt sure if they were a good combination, although i have installed tein s-techs. Can i possibly get a show of hands for those who r using koni setup, to let me know what they are using? Also possibly dampening settings.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    its fine to move around when not installed on vehicle.. as long as once u have it on the car and the car's wheels are off the ground the spring doesnt move its fine..

all the bushing on the car will never allow the shocks to be fully extended
    just double check the top mount after taking your car down from the jack to make sure that the spring has seated in properly. I've seen a couple seat incorrectly and stuff up the rubber inside the strut mount.