Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy 1000 km Service Accord

Just had 1000 km service - also had dealer look at 'check engine light' - new Knock sensor fitted. - I assume under warranty - labor for 1000 km service $244 plus oil etc total = $290 + GST - did i pay for warranty work????

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    umm nice introduction (should be in the technical section)

No you didnt pay for warranty work. The warranty only covers car manufacturing defects.

You payed for labour and consumables (oil, filters etc..). About $300 is about right
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by trupa View Post
    Just had 1000 km service - also had dealer look at 'check engine light' - new Knock sensor fitted. - I assume under warranty - labor for 1000 km service $244 plus oil etc total = $290 + GST - did i pay for warranty work????
    For 1000kms service that sounds like a lot. But where are you based as Sydney seems to be much higher than everywhere else?

I thought the 1000km service labor was usually free??

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I thought the 1000km service labor was usually free??
    That was the case with my dealer too - my 1000 service was around $55 (parts only). But even if he does have to pay - why would an oil and filter service cost $320 total?

I thought so.

In that case, trupa, looks like you got ripped!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    My 1000km was expensive, maybe i was ripped off too.

What was listed on the invoice exactly?
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    definately jipped dude.
    you most probably didn't pay for the sensor, knock sensors are in the hundreds already.

but you have paid too much for your 1000km service.
    way too much. personally i would put a complaint, and if they say that's hte normal price, go to another dealer, that is way tooooo dear!!!!

and what dealer did you take it to?

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if many people got ripped by these Honda dealers. My most recent experience servicing my Civic Coupe for its 80,000km was a total nightmare with overcharging for labor and parts for a completely different model and shit customer service to top it all off. After a chat to the service manager, I got the next 90,000km service free of charge when that comes around. Not sure yet if I will take it back just to get the free service (who knows what kind of job they will do, since its free).

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    trupa listen to destrukshn - he knows from the inside how much this service should cost.

trupa - yfin is right. He helped me alot when I had problems with servicing at a Honda dealer and he gave me valuable ammo when I went back to fire my guns. Must have shocked them with the detailed info I had at hand, haha.

Have a read of this story!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...109#post939109

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    don't be afraid to speak up to your dealer, if the service advisors give you the run around, ask to talk to the service manager, if they don't give you a reasonable explanation, take it honda australia.
    oil and filter change takes 15-30mins, checking over everything, takes 30-45mins at most. they are literally charging you, $200 a hour!!
    which is ridicoulos!