Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    don't be afraid to speak up to your dealer, if the service advisors give you the run around, ask to talk to the service manager, if they don't give you a reasonable explanation, take it honda australia.
    oil and filter change takes 15-30mins, checking over everything, takes 30-45mins at most. they are literally charging you, $200 a hour!!
    which is ridicoulos!
    Could it be a mistake - like they included time for the warranty work on the bill by accident? Not sure how you guys generate bills. I would have thought, however, that there is a standard price for each service with some variation for different models.

From what I have seen, the prices can vary drastically between dealerships. You wouldn't think so coz you'd assume prices would be standardised across all Honda workshops...but it isn't. That is why I always ring around all our local dealerships whenever I book in for service. The difference in price for the same service between Honda dealers can be shocking...

Thanks all I thought so but as a new Honda Owner needed some background b4 talking to dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Could it be a mistake - like they included time for the warranty work on the bill by accident? Not sure how you guys generate bills. I would have thought, however, that there is a standard price for each service with some variation for different models.
    when a warranty "operation line", and clocked on to, it does get recorded, but should not be charged out.
    UNLESS, the tech did not clock off the 1000km "operation line" and stayed on it and used that time to replace the knock sensor
    even at that, the workshop controller should be able to change that.
    ask for the job card, and ask how long did the technician take to do the 1000km service, because that should not take more than 1hour - 1 hours 15mins from what i'm seen.
    and go from there i guess.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    From what I have seen, the prices can vary drastically between dealerships. You wouldn't think so coz you'd assume prices would be standardised across all Honda workshops...but it isn't. That is why I always ring around all our local dealerships whenever I book in for service. The difference in price for the same service between Honda dealers can be shocking...
    yes it can be shocking, BUT, it is no excuse charging the average person $200 an hour!!!
    at most, i've seen is $140 a hour, that's on european cars, people complain and bitch about that, so imagine $200 an hour!

Cheers destrukshn

Member Array
    Car:
    Del sol / 1986 civic
    can someone tell me what is done on a 1,000km service?????????????
    my experience is with Mazda's and the 1,000km service is free

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    yes it can be shocking, BUT, it is no excuse charging the average person $200 an hour!!!
    at most, i've seen is $140 a hour, that's on european cars, people complain and bitch about that, so imagine $200 an hour!
    Yet I'm struggling to milk $80 an hour...
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.