4th Gen Sunroof Rust

hey any1 know the best way to fix the rust on the sunroof.. i just bought a 4th gen and its pretty rusty around parts of the seal.. is it worth just replacing the whole thing and also is it possible to get a Glass one put in instead which wont rust???

If any1 has a silver one for sale il take it also a good one which i can paint..

dont think u can fix it . the rust has prolly already eaten away at the insides..

u may aswell get another one, from a wreckers

the 5th gen moonroof can be fitted with a lil bit of modification, if you want a glass one.

or you can try and organize a group buy for cf custom made ones, which will end up costing around as much as a glass 5th gen one. very light. have a look on www.preludeaustralia.com

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick
    Glass sunroof FTW, more light in the car. Its not very hard to put in either..... its only redrilling 4 holes in the old sunroof brackets and fit.

yup.. shims need to be removed too otherwise it'll sit up too high. but the size is correct. Also you may want to tint the glass extra heavy because there is no inside cover like on the 5th gens so will let in light ALL the time.

Another alternative is to go with a CF sunroof. There was a group buy over in preludeaustralia a while ago that may shed some light on the CF sunroof panels.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    can get a replacement 4th brand new genuine one for $250

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Honda Prelude S
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    can get a replacement 4th brand new genuine one for $250
    Thatd be before a respray would it? Does anyone know how much a 5th Gen one costs? I recon its about time i changed mine over too.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    You won't be able to fit the 5th gen sun shade with the 5th gen moon roof, so it would get awefully hot.

I opted for the CF sunroof. Fits like the OEM item.

yep, if i got the 5th gen roof, definately tint that mofo.

prolly just do ghetto stylez, get a can of tint from autobarn, and tint the outside of it, till im happy with the darkness.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris View Post
    yep, if i got the 5th gen roof, definately tint that mofo.

prolly just do ghetto stylez, get a can of tint from autobarn, and tint the outside of it, till im happy with the darkness.
    what tint do they sell at autobarn?? spray on tint or stick on tint?

tint in a can. didn't U get it for me last time ?

should be able to get it looking even. darker you want it , more layers. i think if you put some cutting compound on at the end itll look like a gloss finish from the outside.

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick
    I have never had the problem of too much heat getting in through the moon roof because its already tinted from stock. if its not enough, you can get it tinted from the outside for $20 or buy a can of tint paint and spray it on the inside (metho removes that stuff if you put too much on), tinting it from the inside would be harder because the oem tint is not like your normal window tint which would make it hard to stick on but ive seen it done. Personally i wouldnt touch it because it has never annoyed me.

CF, imo is too ricey if its not painted because i don't like panel colors mismatched

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude, Civic, Firestorm
    hey i need one too. lemme kno which way u wanna go see if we can get two a little cheaper? how much was that cf one? it looks hot i like it. i'm keen for any style