Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    finally got the power cable through managed it by dangling some ribbon out the hole, then manoeuvring a 'rearranged' wire clothes hanger behind the pipes in the engine bay to where the ribbon was... had some double-stick tape on the end of the wire hanger so caught the ribbon with that, pulled the ribbon through and then used the ribbon to pull the power cable through. now the power cable is easily zip-tied to the existing wire looms there... just gotta wait until i buy some loom for the power cable itself before i affix it.

tried to get the grommet in before that but ended up dropping it somewhere in the engine bay... so i improvised by wrapping a small section of the power cable in ensolite (3mm fireproof closed cell foam) and pushing that through. actually better than a grommet because it's easier to install/uninstall, and also waterproof+fireproof. and obviously it'll stop the power cable getting eaten away by the firewall, especially cos it's quite a sharp angle.

ac03n: do you have any pics of your engine bay firewall power cable routing? also, any idea where to put the amp turn-on lead? (using the stock hu)

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    ye man rund it down same side as your power cable and put it to the back of your Deck (cd player) should be Blue wire on cd player attach to that
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    Quote Originally Posted by wassup View Post
    Run Power down one side and audio down the other. .
    wot can happen if u dont?~!
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    wot can happen if u dont?~!
    you get a chemical explosion......nah lol just alot of interfearance like engine noises and high pitch squeels lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip"

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    chylld: I'm not sure if using standard HU, coz I use the aftermarket one
    as for the engine bay pic, I won't be able to get it until this weekend.. I'll try...