Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: clutchs .....

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Flywheel has to be machined when you change your clutch. You can buy a new one or you can machine it which cost around $40 extra or they might do it for free. Also when you take off you flywheel its recommended you replace the flywheel bolts as well which can be bought from Honda. I still used the old ones on my old car didn't really run into problems but it's always better to be safe then sorry.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    so you can definitely just machine the flywheel?
    no need for a replacement?

yeh. i rather be safe then sorry but if hannys charging me 500 for a flywheel.
    thats abit extreme. lol

what about the release bearing?
    will i need a new one for that or can the old one be used?

thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    Flywheel has to be machined when you change your clutch. You can buy a new one or you can machine it which cost around $40 extra or they might do it for free. Also when you take off you flywheel its recommended you replace the flywheel bolts as well which can be bought from Honda. I still used the old ones on my old car didn't really run into problems but it's always better to be safe then sorry.
    Last edited by winkyc; 01-05-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    im pretty sure exedy's cluthces come with the flywheel also. like none of this two price thing, with the clutch being x amount and the flywheel being x mount..

Machine flywheel , no need for new one unless its cracked / damaged or in some cases undersize, guy machining it should tell you if he finds anything wrong with it.

Replace the release bearing while everything it already out.

Also look into replacing the pilot / spigot bearing. Not too sure on the S200 gearbox setup if they have one or not. If it does replace it.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Most of the things you need will come in the clutch kit. Btw f20c not all clutch kits come with flywheels, only some and they do cost a whole lot more. They could always just include it and jack up the price
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    yeah i reckon because im bringing an oem disk plate and a pressure plate
    they jacked up the price for the flywheel and release bearing.

but originally if i got the whole combo with them. they would just given me the 1500.

most likely i will see the dodgy and the guy will tell me the flywheel is damaged and just charge me an extra 500 for the flywheel =(

you guys know any good places to change clutches?

btw you know how everyone says the exedy is the make for OEM clutches for the s2000.
    do you think getting an exedy flywheel and release bearing will match with the ACT KIT?
    Last edited by winkyc; 01-05-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I just assumed.. mine was made from scratch lol so i wouldnt know about combo's deals and what not.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by winkyc View Post
    do you think getting an exedy flywheel and release bearing will match with the ACT KIT?
    Technically should be fine, unless your kit specifies you must use X Brand of friction plate and pressure plate. IMO if you are going to do a replacement. Stick to just one brand, as most brands offer flywheels. You must also understand that when a workshop prices to do a full kit, they get a better price. So Hanny's raising the price for a supply of flywheel only, is normal. If you were to purchase every item individually, the cost of the full kit would be heaps more. Why not run a ACT lightened flywheel? It would match your kit then.

******** CAUTION *********

Check your Clutch Master Cylinders.......

i looked under my dash the other day to notice my clutch master cylinder leaking slightly.
    these can be repaired by ZEDS Clutch and Brake in Sunshine VIC for $150 - 200approx or good luck finding one or getting one from honda for less then that lol

i still havnt put my clutch in.... im a mechanic too but i dunno weather to do it at home and take my time or rush it at work???????? Are they Easy to do???
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    i still havnt put my clutch in.... im a mechanic too but i dunno weather to do it at home and take my time or rush it at work???????? Are they Easy to do???
    It's a pretty straight forward, hradest bit is bleeding the line. If you can clasify that as being hard.

na its easy iv replaced my clutch fluid b4
    its so easy on a hoist to bleed it lol
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Sad bit is, they usually start to leak after about 6 months or so. Not sure why they do? possibly a poor design. Does anyone know of an after market one, as i'm getting sick of constantly changing mine.