Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: clutchs .....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    JAP they dont make an Aftermarket one that why im getting mine rebuilt (honned out, sleeved and new seals)
    Yeah just another of the many common problems.

Quick question, wouldn't the labour and machining involved outweigh the cost of a new master cylinder? or does this promise you'll never need to change it again???

If so whats it costing you???

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1 View Post

Quick question, wouldn't the labour and machining involved outweigh the cost of a new master cylinder? or does this promise you'll never need to change it again???
    More than likely, but it beats replacing it all the time. And it would always maintain a good pedal feel.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    But what the point of doing it if its gonna cost you 4 times as much and it only lasts twice as long?

Im still interested to know what the sleeving would do in terms of life span.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    To be honest i too am interested to know the price, i haven't got around to finding out yet. But i can't see it costing more than the price of a new clutch master cylinder. It would def be worth doing, as the factory ones start leaking after about 10K, even less if you don't use it as a daily driver. Getting it resleeved, if done properly with good tolerances should be much better than factory. I'll look into it over the next couple of days as mines leaking again.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 26-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I cant remember if this was the thread with people speaking of the clutch master cylinder but.. i need some advise on this asap as i need to take it in if its it.

So before my clutch burned out (stock clutch came with the car installed) it was quite heavy. The first month or two i got my new one put in (cushion button exedy clutch) it was quite loose and i loved the feeling. So recently i've noticed it gets tight and loose randomly.. usually when i give it to the car at high revs like jumping on the freeway it loosens up abit.. But other then that its really tight like it used to be but with this sticky feeling behind the clutch pedal i've looked behind my clutch pedal and theres nothing there (no idea how to check if its leaking i just assumed if it was leaking it would be behind the clutch pedal) anyway any help would be great

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    I cant remember if this was the thread with people speaking of the clutch master cylinder but.. i need some advise on this asap as i need to take it in if its it.

So before my clutch burned out (stock clutch came with the car installed) it was quite heavy. The first month or two i got my new one put in (cushion button exedy clutch) it was quite loose and i loved the feeling. So recently i've noticed it gets tight and loose randomly.. usually when i give it to the car at high revs like jumping on the freeway it loosens up abit.. But other then that its really tight like it used to be but with this sticky feeling behind the clutch pedal i've looked behind my clutch pedal and theres nothing there (no idea how to check if its leaking i just assumed if it was leaking it would be behind the clutch pedal) anyway any help would be great
    There are no inconsistences, either your clutch master cylinder is leaking, or it isn't. Don't look behind the pedal, look well above it, better still use your hand. If it's wet, replace your clutch master, if it's not, bleed your system. If bleeding didn't rectify the problem, take your car back to where you got your clutch installed and serve them a WTF! as apparently your's is a custom anyway.

I had the same problem with a clutch..I think when the clutch was changed the splines were not greased properly which causes the clutch disc to bind on the splinds which are on the imput shaft.Cause the clutch disc moves on the splinds as you push on the clutch peddle. When I changed the clutch I used high temp grease and greased the splinds all is well now..

Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I am going to serve them with a WTF anyway lol. im taking it back next week sometime. and thanks dart ill make sure they look at that cause if they dont >:| epic rage lol.