Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    unsure which model it is...? i dont know much about systems thats why i got it done by the store
    on my first sub i never took it passed 20 on the HU (for all of those who have alpine HU, you will know they go to at least 30, unsure because im not game to go passed 20)
    after the 2nd sub was installed and retuned i was told i can go up to 28 on most recordings but i still didnt go passed 20 because it was decent enough
    i hope its covered by warranty, the whole install cost close to 3k

well you don't know how much power the mono has?
    Have a look at the model number.. should be on the amp itself..

Well i don't think it was a headunit clipped signal though...

When you say popping, did it pop once... then never played anything again..

Or does it pop at certain bass lines, or at loud volumes but still plays music?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    there "popping" noise is constant, the sound can be compared to a loose "screw" vibrating to the bass in the sub (thats what i thought it was, im n00b)
    the amp is APX1300 monoblock

p.s. says 400watts on the box if that helps
    Last edited by jeffske; 29-03-2007 at 06:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    update
    So i had the amp + sub replaced (both brand new) done on Saturday. Happily pumping away all day Saturday and I start the car to drive to work on Sunday and no bass at all...none/zilch...
    I have a custom sub box installed

does anyone think this MAY be the problem?? just doesnt make sense, it was all working fine for about 4months then all this bs

nice sub box!!!

nice.. i really like it, where did you get it done? and how much did it set you back for the custom fibreglass box.?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by integraz View Post
    nice.. i really like it, where did you get it done? and how much did it set you back for the custom fibreglass box.?
    I had it all done at Cronulla Car Audio (they're based in Sutherland), the sub box alone cost me $250
    If you're interested, their number is 9545 5577 (ask for Owen, he's usually in after 9:30am)
    im happy with their service, just a bit peeved at the sub just shitting itself 3 times....they give lifetime warranty on all their installations and they're pretty efficient

p.s. so does anyone reckon the sub box is the issue? if so i'll just can the sub all together

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    the amp would be causing the poping noise mine blew up my old sub and when i ran it on 2 channels to run splits it held the speakers out too... no idea wt exactly does it on the amp or if u can fix it. sub just stopping would be a wiring fault i imagine.. wouldnt be the sub itself. uve had some troubles mate gl with it

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    thanks Jord, i need it

hmm well i don't think anything is wrong with the amp, cause thats an average quality amp, nothing special, but does the job and is reliable.

Not sure what the real problem is, and also Jord, you can't run splits from this mono amp.. and also it doesnt have 2 channels ... its a one channel amp.

But we'll see how this setup goes again, if it happens again, then i would think its got to do with wiring, headunit, installer/user error, not the components itself...

edit: and thanks for the info about the box, looks good, I might head down to Doran and see what they will quote me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by integraz View Post

Not sure what the real problem is, and also Jord, you can't run splits from this mono amp.. and also it doesnt have 2 channels ... its a one channel amp.

yea i know mate.. i was saying that this happened to my AMP which is a 2 channel jaycar that i run bridged for my sub if it just stopped working it would most likely b a wiring prob. follow the wires within the sub box and see if there stil connected make sure ur grounds for ur amp are all secure and check the RCA's in both the amp and your headunit

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    update, they took out the sub and the box today. they measured the cubic capacity by filling up the entire box with water....doesnt seem the right way to do it to me (im sure they could calculate it using some maths theorems)
    anyways they think the box doesnt have enough cubic capacity to take the sub so they need to run a software diagnostic thingie to tune it or someshit