Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC5R: somethings leaking

I was doing about 60-80 last night had this strange noise coming from the rear of the car, sounds like gas hissing.

Pretty sure its only happening when the car is not moving. Pretty sure its not exhaust, as i tried keeping 3-4k rev while stationary. Any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    fuel pump?
    Mugen Whore #2

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by dark138 View Post
    I was doing about 60-80 last night had this strange noise coming from the rear of the car, sounds like gas hissing.

Pretty sure its only happening when the car is not moving. Pretty sure its not exhaust, as i tried keeping 3-4k rev while stationary. Any ideas?
    window not closes properly?
    lol, it's hard to kinda diagnose these kinda things without really listening to it.

is fuel pump at the back? i've got no idea prob won't be able to check that myself.

windows? um.... i've only got two that i can open

will check tyre pressure but what am i looking for? even pressure on rear pair?

i know this is just anyone's guess. probably just seeking if anyone had similar problem in that area.

Well if it is related to your tyres you should have a flat one by now lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R AB02
    have you get it all sorted bro?
    Mugen Whore #2

no man, still dunno whats wrong

going for a checkup on saturday. i dun think its any of things mentioned. i mean if its exhaust/fuel pump, i should make the same noise just holding the rev while stationary. If its tyres, i think it would've been flat by now. So really no idea.

Do you have aftermarket headers?

Some headers like spoon emit a hissing sound others could have a leak in the exhaust or cat back.

Go get it checked out, its more noticeable at standstill because you don't have all that road noise as opposed to when your driving.

went to get it check

found out its because my rear brakes had 0% left in them. It was the sound of the metal sensor rubbing against the rotors. all fixed

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    does that make a hissing noise? should make a scraping noise more like it =.=