it is a aussie shell with the ek9 parts swapped over
    my mate worked on the car it was owned by a certain panel shop
    just check the vin tags easy as
    how do i know the guy who bought it came from perth

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    thanks for the info 90LAN

that makes sense the prev owner owned a panel shop, too $$$ to pay someone to respray the whole shell in CW colour and R&R everything else. He would have been able to get his workers to work on the car when the panel shop is not busy as well as able to write some/most/all of the costs off as shop expenses proivided the shop turns over enough.

for me that would be too hard/expensive excercise and the car is never a EK9 with the factory reo on the shell and forever a EK CXi or GLi on the rego papers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    just have a good look at it
    the work is pretty good u wouldnt be able to tell the difference
    by the way car sold for 21K

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    $21K well well worth it, a lot more desirable than a stock DC2R. I would been very happy with it myself despite being a replica.

for me to do the same it would cost $8 to $10K for a good clean EK to start with and a good donar car which wouldn't be cheap oe easy to find plus the labour for the R&R and paint and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    if that civic ek9 came from brisbane
    it is a aussie shell with the ek9 parts swapped over
    my mate worked on the car it was owned by a certain panel shop
    just check the vin tags easy as
    how do i know the guy who bought it came from perth
    there are lots of minor bits and pieces that has to be changed besides the panels to make it a real EK9, if you guys have noticed, CEK9's use a 5-nut rims compared to a 4-nut on the Normal civic, I know most conversion are done by using Spacers and converting them to 5 nuts... I've seen a few conversions from a EJ Civic to a EK civic in Malaysia, there was one that just used a Spacer, dropped a B16C, changed the headlights, seats, all the cosmetic stuff and another one did every single thing including buying the entire suspension set from a CTR, taking apart the entire car and re-welding it to EK9 standards and if you drive them both on a track, you'll feel the vast difference. Only after they did all that, it started driving like a real EK9.

and EG30, if you're really looking for an EK9, take the 99 one's instead of the 97's like the one in the picture, it looks much better.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    there are lots of minor bits and pieces that has to be changed besides the panels to make it a real EK9, if you guys have noticed, CEK9's use a 5-nut rims compared to a 4-nut on the Normal civic, I know most conversion are done by using Spacers and converting them to 5 nuts... I've seen a few conversions from a EJ Civic to a EK civic in Malaysia, there was one that just used a Spacer, dropped a B16C, changed the headlights, seats, all the cosmetic stuff and another one did every single thing including buying the entire suspension set from a CTR, taking apart the entire car and re-welding it to EK9 standards and if you drive them both on a track, you'll feel the vast difference. Only after they did all that, it started driving like a real EK9.

and EG30, if you're really looking for an EK9, take the 99 one's instead of the 97's like the one in the picture, it looks much better.
    well im running oem ctr 5 stud coversion and its as easy as 123 to change over!
    im talking about this particular ctr as i have seen its tranformation
    its not that hard to do if you have a complete ctr and a ek shell
    just swap every thing over, but were not talking about particular cars in Malaysia that sound half arse dodgy using spacers are we?
    if you can read between the lines the car used a oz shell due to the fact it was not a personal import so it could not be registered so the next best thing that could be done was to tranfer the goodies over!

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Lol?......

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post

b16c??!!! must some uber engine!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_B16B View Post
    b16c??!!! must some uber engine!
    i got one of them in my Ek12

ps. 96-98 EK9 killz 99-00 EK9 in terms of looks and ofcos almost every 99-00 civic has that front.

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30
    not keen on the electric power steering
    EPS is great... My CH9 SiR has it and so do NSX's
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

damn thats hot!

qld too, have never seen it before
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!