Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

COnfused about adjustable springs

Hey guys i'm a little confused what is adjustable springs?
    just saw it on http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/MODAADS/
    like what is it really and what does it do? did a search but couldn't find any answers

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    they're height adjustable springs..
    the screw part on the bottom adjusts the spring to sit higher or lower on the shock.. which in turn makes you have a higher or lower ride..

also known as coilover sleeves
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    thats what i thought, so then, with say the skunk2 ones what shocks would you have to use inorder to fit them? or can they go on any shock? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    any shock..
    you can even use stock shocks..

they're just like normal springs.. you can place them on any shock you want..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    that helps a lot, thanks man, but as say a recommendation what shocks are good just for street driving? or should i start searching here

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    have a look around..
    people recommend koni's, as they're a comfortable ride..

but personally i haven't tried them..

but have a look around, some of the traders sell shocks so check them out there..

just dont buy cheap ebay coilover sleeves.

if u do a search in teh suspension section, there are alot of bad reviews about coilover sleeve springs. ppl say, on teh straight, they're good. but in the corners, they are shiiiittt.

the only proven consistent performer are the Groudn Control Coilover brand sleeves. They use their patented sleeve with Eibach springs. However they are VERY expensive ~AUD$650 deliverd from the states as quoted by a previous trader. GCC are also used in certain amateur competition in the USA.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    if u do a search in teh suspension section, there are alot of bad reviews about coilover sleeve springs. ppl say, on teh straight, they're good. but in the corners, they are shiiiittt.
    i was using no named coilover sleeves on my car before i got coilies..
    i must admit, they're not as bad as people say..
    the only reason why i changed them to coilies is because my shocks were dying..
    if not, i would still be using them

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    =D jsut got my rims to day cost 1.7k T.T so broke but i havent lowered my car, i realise coilovers do cost a bomb. but i was told that by simply changing hte psrings to lower the height around say 3/4 of an inch would make little difference on my shocks, that is b/c i do mainly daily driving and little racing anyway do you guys reckon its enough? im just worried cause i was reading threads and ppl say the coilovers can easily bottom out :O if not buying springs is a option im looking at at the moment