Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited

Honda Adds New Type R to Civic Lineup *Hot off the press*

TOKYO, Japan - March 29, 2007– Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced the release of the all-new Civic Type R, a pure sports edition of the Civic with further enhanced driving performance. The new Civic Type R will go on sale throughout Japan on Friday, March 30.

New Civic Type R

This new Civic Type R was developed to make the driver feel at one with the car for the ultimate driving experience in all driving conditions, including on circuits.

The all-new Civic Type R comes equipped with a specially tuned 2.0-liter normally aspirated engine matched to a 6-speed manual transmission. A lighter, more rigid body shell, specially tuned suspension, 18-inch tires and large 17-inch front disc brakes contribute to the Civic Type R’s ability to push the performance envelope. Newly developed aerodynamic devices further enhance high-speed performance while giving the wide and low form a more aggressive look. Front bucket seats, a unique instrument panel and other performance accessories contribute to an easier and more responsive drive.

Type R models are specially tuned to take full advantage of the potential of the base model and provide a racing car-like driving feel. First offered on the NSX in 1992, the Type R range was extended to the Integra in 1995, and the Civic in 1997. This latest all-new Civic Type R is the distillation of 15 years of technological progress and the latest expression of Honda’s “Challenging Spirit.”

further reading:
    http://world.honda.com/news/2007/4070329CivicTypeR/

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

JDM Official Type R production Civic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 vti
    man why the hell do we get the hatch
    Perth members: Click here! WaHonda

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    The 'first drive' was also in the latest edition of the Wheels Magazine on sale now.

Some comment were:
    The transmission is lovely. However - their criticisms were that the chassis suffers somewhat from the strut rear suspension (no multilink system here) and that to get the most out of the car, you really need to run through the gears to keep the car in the optimal range. They thought it was a 'good' hatch but not one that was 'great' (read Golf GTI)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civ 06
    feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck feck
    i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want! i want!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I want those wheels.

I hope HondaAU does eventually bring us this beauty.

Very nice! GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by tanalasta View Post
    The 'first drive' was also in the latest edition of the Wheels Magazine on sale now.

Some comment were:
    The transmission is lovely. However - their criticisms were that the chassis suffers somewhat from the strut rear suspension (no multilink system here) and that to get the most out of the car, you really need to run through the gears to keep the car in the optimal range. They thought it was a 'good' hatch but not one that was 'great' (read Golf GTI)
    If the original post was about the UK CTR this would certainly apply, but luckily it isn't.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

velli noice...
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

farrrk so nicee. im so into this over the hatcth.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red FN2R
    do you think that if enough people email them regarding getting this civic honda australia will do it....what if we could get enough people to show interest in it do you think that honda would go for it... i mean SP23 hatch and sedan are here so why cant honda bring down the JDM civic here too which i might add would be cheaper to get here than the hatch...my thoughts anyways

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    can the hatch. bring on the sedans. makes more sense since our civics are that model anyway.
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic