Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2/4 Antenna broke down

As the title says my elec. antenna broke down [R.I.P.] (makes a winding noise when ignition goes on/off but ariel dosen't move anymore).

Now my question is, at the moment its like half extended and stuck - I want to push it right back down (cause its an ugly son of a..) but its stuck!

Is there any harm in trying to force it down? (I don't want to break off!).

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type r
    i forced mine down without issues

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i forced mine down as well , try spray some crc around the gaps

then BAM just try not to bend it

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 da9
    if it broke then why does it matter if u break the aerial? u could remove it and just get a universal one from repco or somewhere like that. picked mine up for $11.50 and looks similar to the s200 ones. rubbery so it can be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by sml-089 View Post
    if it broke then why does it matter if u break the aerial? u could remove it and just get a universal one from repco or somewhere like that. picked mine up for $11.50 and looks similar to the s200 ones. rubbery so it can be broken.
    Because if I decide to get it properly repaired (If I happen to sell the car etc.) I don't want it to be competely snapped in half. At this stage I want it to collapse inside itself so it sits flush.

how does the universal go with fitting in the existing hole, does it fit nice & snug?

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 da9
    yes it fits extremely well, it kind of has a large tip which covers over any gaps anyway. if u wanna keep the standard on though, disconnect it from the inside, by taking out the inside plastic cover and disconnecting the wiring coming out of it

Member Array
    Car:
    Camry
    MY one was exactly the same.

Wouldnt go down and would always stay at half way.

I couldnt force it. just get an s2k style antenna.
    Looks better too
    that's what i ended up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaf View Post
    My one was exactly the same.

Wouldnt go down and would always stay at half way.

I couldnt force it.
    Yeh I cant force mine aye, tried it.. used WD40 on it. won't budge

the antenna motor is still working, sounds like its very repairable, try taking it apart, only a lil bit of mechanical competancy is need to fix lil things like that

Hey, first post here for me! I recently bought a DC2 and it has the same problem, the antenna is 'stuck up' and it's p*ssing me off! Does anybody know where i can buy a S2000 style antenna from? I'm in Adelaide. Any help would be appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by 2o2y View Post
    Hey, first post here for me! I recently bought a DC2 and it has the same problem, the antenna is 'stuck up' and it's p*ssing me off! Does anybody know where i can buy a S2000 style antenna from? I'm in Adelaide. Any help would be appreciated!
    i would like to know this too! i want one
    JDMstyletuning.com

Beaks Tie Bars for DC/EG - $250

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by 2o2y View Post

Without sounding like a know all. Maybe Honda spares may have one, or try Honbits in NSW. They ship Oz wide lastime I checked.