Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    I'm wondering who supplies/imports turbo kits for Civics in Aus, specifically something like the Greddy 92-95 (z6) kit. i'm after a kit as i wanna save money by doing the install myself - any other recommened kits are welcome.
    Also prices we are looking at, ie i can get them imported from America for something like ~2800 at our current exchange rates?
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    All the greddy kits i've seen are about 5-6k. Pretty much better off putting together a custom kit yourself

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    For that price, hell yes..
    But i can get em over the next for $2800, as i said

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Sorry read that wrong

Have you taken account of shipping and import duty/GST?

Personally i dont really like the Greddy kits...their fuel management sucks and no cooler either.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    yer that is shipped, what import duty do u need to pay?
    I'm after something cheap, low spooling, stable and 'slightly' upgradable and most of all, proven to work well. I'm not after huge numbers, and i'll go custom with cooler, probably PWR or second hand when the cash is avaible..
    Fuel management will probably be coverd by a 'hack' common used on d16's - larger injectors(440cc) with s-afc/v-afc controlling A/F. Depending on how much more boost i feel, i upgrade my pump to suit. But that will come after a few months and me getting sick of running extremely rich.

edit: read up on import duty+GST.
    Add another $450 wow, may use my ABN..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    I seriously wouldnt bother with the greddy blue box at all. The "hack" isnt a bad way to go for low boost. You should upgrade the pump when using the hack.

Duty is 15% of the price of the kit, GST is 10% on the kit, shipping and duty.

For an intercooler i am looking to get one made by Custom Coach, who is a regular on the homemadeturbo.com forums. Here good things about his coolers.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    didnt realise we had to pay so much for import duty and GST. Ive got a friend inthe US, i might have to get the kit shipped to him, and he can send me the parts in $800 clusters to avoid it.

1 piece of advice to those pondering wether to turbo...

if you are going to do it....do it right the first time..

have someone make you a kit!

i.e: don't just slap one together for the cheapest you can go..

save a little longer and do it right...you will save in the long run..

Get yourself a good turbo and cooler(new is best), take it to a turbo exhaust shop and have them fabricate the pipework for you and fit all of the hardware..

Then trailer it to a performance shop and have them fit an aftermarket computer and fuel system!...a Heavy duty clutch is worth its weight in gold...perhaps even a set of forgef pistons and rods just for safety...get it tuned then presto!...one quick ass honda!

at least then you will feel safe in knowing that it will start first go in the morning! and wont break or die when you give it a hit..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Jnr Teggy i couldn't have said it better myself dude.

Thats the EXACT approach i'm taking

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    I heed ur advice, but the greddy _kit_ is proven, what else do i need to know?
    They have done the R&D and they sell kits by the dozen, that is how cheap isnt always worse.

Why do i want some performance shop to go out spent the time to fabricate everything that already exists? Why do i want some whacko EMS when the most boost i'll be pushing is 8 pounds (when finished)? That goes for a built motor also.

I know boost can be dangerous, but it doesnt have to be expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    i think that was more a general bit of advice dude, going with the Greddy kit is certainly not a bad way of going about things esp. since you are going to go with better fuel management

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Thats ok, sorry if i sounded a bit agressive, didnt mean to be.

So anyone else have some ontopic info ?