Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

[REVIEW] Philips Power2Night GT150 headlight bulbs (H4)

Product: Philips H4 GT150 (12342)
    I was browsing through an Autobarn catalog when saw the Philips GT series bulbs selling for $57 and I thought i'd give them a shot.

The package:

I've read a few articles online and even some that have been posted here which indicate that bulbs which are tinted blue have a lower light output, with this bulb the majority of it is clear and only the tip is tinted blue.

Comparison between a regular H4 bulb and the GT150 H4 bulb:

The specs:
    Base : P43t
    Watt (W) : 60/55
    Volt (V) : 12.0

Comparison shots. Left side is a GT150 bulb and the right is a regular H4.

GT150 bulb on both sides:

It's a little difficult to tell in the photos (new camera, still exploring all the settings) but there is a definite improvement in night time vision with the GT150 bulbs. In the photo's you can see that the 3 cars on the right are better lit with the GT150 bulbs. The colour is somewhat whiter, there is also a slight blue tinge (similar to the cut-off of HID's, fake HID cut-off FTW!). The biggest improvement though is the width of the beam, the main issue I had with the regular H4 bulb was that the beam was too narrow, it didn't light up a corner as much as i'd like it to. With the GT150's there was a marked improvement.

They're rated at 55/60W so it wont be straining the stock headlight wiring. From outside the car, the bulbs look like a yellow/white colour. They look very similar to regular bulbs only just brighter and whiter, it's doesn't have the same look as the blue or purple bulbs which are rated at 6000k, 8000, 10000k etc... so it wont be annoying to other drivers on the road. All in all it was a well spent $57, it lights up the road better, it looks better but won't go as far as to annoy other road users. Highly reccommended! I'll definitely be purchasing another set, unless I can afford to do a HID retrofit

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    lol both pics looks the same.

only difference is the light at house turns on
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    haha yeah it's kinda hard to tell in the pics but if you take a closer look at the 3 cars on the right you'll notice that they're better lit. Although it might not seem like there's much difference in the pics but there is a definite improvement.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    might be better if you can pull over in front of a wall and take pics... maybe about 10-15m from the wall will show the difference