Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish

Strut Bar and Aircon

Hey guys,

Does anyone here have an EG WITH a strut bar on the front.

It looks like the aircon woudl get in the way

So i think those bars with the ring mounts are outta the question, but would these work?

thanks
    Ctrl + W

You CAN fit a strut bar with the AC pipe , but you must temporarily move it ( there is one or two bolts to remove nearby) to fit the bar , THEN reinstall the AC piping again. Be careful not to bend the piping too much.
    The picture you show , is a UPPER chassis brace. It fits above the strut area , upon the metal ( there is 2 holes either side) You need 4 x bolts and 4 x nuts to fit it on.Same design as the stock DC2 ITR front bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    You CAN fit a strut bar with the AC pipe , but you must temporarily move it ( there is one or two bolts to remove nearby) to fit the bar , THEN reinstall the AC piping again. Be careful not to bend the piping too much.
    The picture you show , is a UPPER chassis brace. It fits above the strut area , upon the metal ( there is 2 holes either side) You need 4 x bolts and 4 x nuts to fit it on.Same design as the stock DC2 ITR front bar.
    So the pictured one goes into those 2 plastic plugs that can be seen in my pic? And should clear aircon?
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Yes it should.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG,DC2
    I have a strut bar with the ring mounts, its a bitch to fit it but i got it done.
    as Ben said you gotta use some effort to move both piping out of the way

When i did it i moved these 2, 1 is a bolt and the other is a clip

I'm not too sure it i went about it the right way but I got it in.

mine looked like this unbolted but i got them in after fighting with the piping.

and notice the clamp that I unscrewed, I was unable to get it back on, Im not too sure if thats the way its meant to be but.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    its not only the black pipe. u also hav to move/life the little sliver one under it aswell
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    So are these worth it, Is there a noticable diffrence?
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    get a spoon one. well worth it..
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    ^^^

dont feel like payine 2x more for what is essentially a metal pole

But can ppl feel the diffrence?
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    find a second hand one. i brought mine for $150. i was given a strut bar that was brought from ebay, it was a heavy mofo. it was about 3 times heavier than the spoon one. when i swapped them over, the spoon one performed better than that heavy mofo. and yes u can feel the difference.

u pay what u get ..
    if ur gunna modify, modify it properly so u dont have to change it over again ..
    CEE CEE DUB U