Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4

Airbags in Euro's

Hey guyz.. just opening this thred to discuss the airbags in our Euro's...

Euros got:

1. Airbag i-SRS - front Driver & front passenger Driver & front passenger
    2. Airbag SRS - side Driver & front passenger Driver & front passenger
    3. Airbag SRS - curtain – Front & rear (Luxury model only)

I'm wondering where is the sensor of all the airbags.. for example the one in steering wheel, it's obvious the sensor inside it... but for side airbags, curtain airbags i'm not really sure where is the sensor...

and also... I believe some euro's sometimes got a warning curtain / side airbags offline message... when starting to ignition... I saw in my friend's euro..

Anybody wanna start?

I actually believe (but correct me if I'm wrong) the sensor for the steering wheel airbag is in the middle-rear of the car somewhere. i.e. It wouldn't get damaged during a front on collision.

As for other sensors, I would imagine they're all similar distributed near the middle of the car somewhere too.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro
    Side airbag sensor for the passenger is in the passenger seat. If someone is sitting in the seat the wrong way the airbag off light in the dash will light up and the airbag won't go off if you crash. This is to stop the bag going off on someones face because they are sitting the wrong way.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro05 View Post
    Side airbag sensor for the passenger is in the passenger seat. If someone is sitting in the seat the wrong way the airbag off light in the dash will light up and the airbag won't go off if you crash. This is to stop the bag going off on someones face because they are sitting the wrong way.
    What type of sitting wrong way you mean? Like facing right maybe?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Steering Wheel Sensors are in the Front behind the bumper. They are designed to go off when you hit something front on not side on...
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Lux
    when i turn my car on, i get the light on the dash 'side airbag off', why is that? how do i enable it

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Does the light go off after a few seconds?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34 View Post
    Steering Wheel Sensors are in the Front behind the bumper. They are designed to go off when you hit something front on not side on...
    By 'Steering Wheel Sensors' I suppose you actually mean the frontal impact airbag sensor(s)? or crash sensors I should say.

The thing is though, a lot of later design cars actually have the airbag sensors inside the passenger compartment and they work like an accelerometer.

If you only rely on the sensors that are attached to the front of the car, when you have a collision those sensors may actually break so suddenly it fails to trigger the frontal airbags.

Apparently some cars have two types of sensors and the airbags don't inflate until both detect the signal that the crash is happening.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by sakinah View Post
    when i turn my car on, i get the light on the dash 'side airbag off', why is that? how do i enable it
    I would have the dealer check the sensor. You tend to see that when somebody is sitting an leaning on the sensor (can happen if someone twists or sometimes if you lean on the seat to reach for the seatbelt) -- but if no-one is there, then there's a problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    Quote Originally Posted by sakinah View Post
    so after a few seconds, if the lights off.. that's mean it's fine right? but why sometimes this come up.. and sometimes not? anybody have any idea?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Do you have seat covers?

when it comes on during ignition for a second, thats normal.

if something is blocking the side seat airbags after ignition, the dash will tell you its disabled. but it returns to normal when you remove the obstruction
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Lux
    yeah the light comes on for like 10 sec then goes off