Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

My Recaros + Red Key...

my dc2r got broken into the other day and my precious xxxxen recaros and xxxxen red key as well as my floor mats got stolen.

ive been looking around but how much do you guys think is reasonable for a pair of red recaros (2nd hand)??

also anyone know how much it cost to get a replacement red key you get wid your car?? can you even get a replacement?

ps. they even stole my shirt and jumper the cheap mo-foz..

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    yet another victim !!
    this is gettin pretty bad for all you type r owners
    dont u have insurance ??
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    man
    what area?

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Civic Coupe & 01 200sx
    aww that sucks,
    How come your red key was in the car btw?

heck? y din they just use red key to steal ur car? u lucky they din take off wit it

yep i know many stupid factors on my beahalf...

i havent had the car very long thats why i left the red key and i didnt think anyone would actually steal it. if im not mistaken though im pretty sure you cant start the engine wid the red key it is only used to make copies but im prob wrong.

i have been too busy wid uni exams (finish tomorrow) and was gonna sort out insurance and everything this weekend, bad timing i guess.

i guess i am lucky my whole car is not missing though...there's something to be very thankful for...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    this is sad to hear. hope everything goes well in the future.

a reasonable pair of red recaros sr3 would be between 1000-1500 depending on condition. good luck.

red key is a memory key for the chip inside the black keys.
    red key will only open the car doors, but will not start the car, as it only holds memory.
    from my view red key should be replacable BUTTTT i highly doubt it.
    new key and barels locking thingo from honda is 800.
    means u get back 2 black keys and 1 red.
    if i was you, replace the whole key set as that person(S) with the red key can still access your car.

Once you have lost your Red key, thats it.
    Its all gone, you have to get a new barrel, new immobilizer, the whole works.
    Or just go to lock smith and make coppies of your black key, its non genuine.
    you can keep using but not get new genuine honda keys.
    Its all tied into your immobilizer etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    so sorry to hear mate..
    what area did this happen in if i may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by TRU32U
    red key is a memory key for the chip inside the black keys.
    red key will only open the car doors, but will not start the car, as it only holds memory.
    from my view red key should be replacable BUTTTT i highly doubt it.
    new key and barels locking thingo from honda is 800.
    means u get back 2 black keys and 1 red.
    if i was you, replace the whole key set as that person(S) with the red key can still access your car.
    so 800 you reckon?? is that with a red key as well...i just want the red key cus my car is more of a hobbie and i like to have everything complete if you feel me..

i go to maq uni...my seats got stolen when i was in class in the uni car park...i hear alot of bad things happen to car there...im definately not the first and definately not the last...ill never drive my car there again tho...prob just take the parents hehe..