Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $25,000...

Member Array
    LS/Vtec or K20...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i honestly wouldnt recommend blowing that much money on a motor...but if you must, go for a properly built k24a would be the way i went.. u could make one with big power that would be great to drive...
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    toda or dyno dave.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    are you a drug dealer or something? coz when do you just run into $25,000?

Member Array
    Car:
    he said he's been in hospital, so probably got some sort of injury which is paying him out by the lump sum. *sigh*

if it was me, ill take it to Adrian from Toda. Have only heard good things about them. And Ill definately turbo it with your budget, leave some extra cash for problems you might meet along the way. I would probably just rebuilt the b18b with a b16 head, not really your LS/vtec conversion because your motor isnt from a LS.

Also dont forget to sort the suspension too because its pretty damn hard to get heaps of power to the front wheels.

Wasnt this car a vtir? I remember when it was in Sydney, pretty good looking car. Goodluck with everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 dc2
    the engine in it is a b18b1.

its for both street and show use so either way with the k20a or the b18c5 i would be fine with it.

turbo would be nice too, although i have no problem with keeping it n/a.

wasnt lump sum either.

and not a drug dealer.

either way in which i go with the engine swap/rebuild/turbo i know i will be happy with what i get from toda or etc.

also got offered sponsership for interior. thats $3,500 for that too so budget is now down too $19,000.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post

not really your LS/vtec conversion because your motor isnt from a LS.
    actually it is. this build originated in america, where our gsi is badged LS, so when the yanks talk about their LS/VTEC conversions, that would be a GSI/VTEC to us.

if youre using a b18a/b, with a b16a head, its ls/vtec. simple.

i think ls/vtec would be a silly way to go considering your budget. like i said before, its really all about how much power you'd like to make.

a k20a will run fast times all day, and last a long time. a turbo'd b18a/b, would tend not to last as long, and be less reliable.

personally considering the cost of the swap, I wouldnt be satisfied with the power of a b18c5.

if i was going to turbo it, i wouldnt bother converting, id just rebuild the stock engine, with a forged and balanced bottom end, low comp pistons and some chunky rods.

however all things considered, id still go the k20a for reliability.

Member Array
    Car:
    1989 Integra XSI
    Have u considered selling ur car n using da money to get a Lancer EVO? Even if u spend 22K on da honda engine u r gonna b able to better with an evo... CRD reckon they can get 200KW at da wheel with just a new comp and tuning (2.5K roughly)

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by krovikan View Post
    Have u considered selling ur car n using da money to get a Lancer EVO? Even if u spend 22K on da honda engine u r gonna b able to better with an evo... CRD reckon they can get 200KW at da wheel with just a new comp and tuning (2.5K roughly)
    acutally there is a known tegra, with a k series motor, that left a evo for dead.
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Yep, i seen the movie, its on youtube
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    lol badhbt.
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    the video on youtube is an eg civic. the one that races the evo from a roll and pulls on it?