Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    also i'm not sure people realise with the turbos in those cheap kits.

They work well for the bolt-on setup... they generally have a 4psi actuator spring which is pretty much the max they should be running as a "bolt-on". what people have to realise is that theres a reason the bolt-on kits don't come with bigger injectors, ecu or boost controllers... you can't boost them. if you really want those cheap kits with everything sourced for you already then fine... but at least visit any Nissan forum and get yourself a 2nd hand turbo off a Skyline or sylvia or something.. depending on the flange...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    yeah i get ya, so if i get a turbo from america are u saying i should bring in all the piping etc of there too, wouldnt it be different for them?

can i use stock ecu for stock boost? 5psi
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    no you cant use a stock ecu for any boost,

your ecu has to modded and remapped

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    no you cant use a stock ecu for any boost,

your ecu has to modded and remapped
    yes that true ..
    But some company give their programed piggy back to run their turbo..
    Greddy usualy have FIC included in their kit
    fuel adjustment and msd boost timing controller...
    i found out they are not the best way to run turbo.. (NOT SAFE)
    too risky to run it ...

so if you want to get a kit of usa ...
    u got the hardware parts..
    i recomend Treadstone .. they give you basic parts only no ECU or any fuel controller. they are arround $2700 mark
    this includes turbo, ext waste gate, intercooler, down pipe, etc
    www.treadstoneperformance.com
    they willing to ship to australia which is kinda good hahahha

then you provide your own Piggy back system or stand alone ECU, + bigger injectors. you wouldnt need fuel pump if your fuel pump still capable of running it less 80% duty.

Run a piggy back to save u money ...
    Interceptor, emanage blue, emanage ultimate, hondata, fcon etc
    or you can run Stand alone which give total control of ur car!
    Power Fc, AEM, haltech series or microtech series.. try stay away from WOLF3D ... if its possible

there you go.. a easy set up which cost you arround $4000 - $5000 inlcuding tuning and installing
    Good luck
    Last edited by 040501912; 18-04-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    hmmm i was thinking i might get a second hand turbo with all part excluding ecu... for around $1100-1200...

second hand aftermarket ecu on ebay...

and then pay for labour...

this should run it at 5psi (ish)... i dont belive a turbo setup should cost 5k unless u want a nicely setup... i just want a "itll not wreck the engine" setup...
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    ye ive been discussing with rnbguy on PM and ive heard that you dont need diff ECU because its bolt on kit and were not changing injectors, I heard the manifols sheer but i can get one made up from my mate he makes them all the time for silvias and skylines just want a base kit to build off of

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    prepare ur self a 5K budget ... just incase you will surprise!
    ECU will be arround $500 - 1500 depends on what are you getting.. and tunning will be another $400 - 1000 (on dyno)
    dont forget labour is the most expensive area
    what happen if your parts need to be moded lil bit to fit ur car? and exhaust work?

5 psi ish .. will do something if you arent carefull enough .. just take some extra percautions on they way. it will save you money at the latter stage (if something breaks down)

hope it helps ya to decide

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by serpo View Post
    ye ive been discussing with rnbguy on PM and ive heard that you dont need diff ECU because its bolt on kit and were not changing injectors, I heard the manifols sheer but i can get one made up from my mate he makes them all the time for silvias and skylines just want a base kit to build off of
    yep u dont need a diff ecu
    coz they give you their mini piggy back system.. for fuel control
    MSD BTM for timming ..
    frankly msd btm only can retard the timing by 0.5 over 1 psi of boost.. thats why u only can run a certain amount of boost on this set up.. no more than 6 psi may be 7

i did some research on MSD BTM on the net .. comes out that it will advance timming at high boost ... might try to do some search in depth b4 you going a head with this parts

and injectors arent necessary... as long as their duty cycle are no more then 70% if they were.. u have to change it

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    the ebay item doesnt say anything bout piggyback

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004
    come on guys, surely someone here has done a turbo setup without going the typical $5k budget, speak up pwez
    civic 97 ek1 (1.6T)

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    =\ what kind of part u looking for?
    i think piggyback is just to have a total control of ur setup..
    u can run with out it. by using a fuel pressure regulator probs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTEG...spagenameZWDVW
    this runs with SAFC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...spagenameZWD1V
    if you see the picture, they have msd BTM and next to it there is a black box which is FIC *fuel control module

if you talking about the link on the 1st page ... i wont run on ur car properly .. you will have detonations and lean fuel as the turbo spools up. on full boost.