Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How you guys pump air for the spare fullsize tire

Extremely difficult to do so.... the valves is facing downwards and cant fit the nozzle of the air pump in.

and the valve cap drop somewhere, and i need to search for it at home with a torch light... tried to search for it in the petrol station but was worried I might get mugged. The bootlight was covered by the board, the light from the parking was block by me.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    tried taking it out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    u need to totally take the spare out of under boot compartment then pump it up i do this once a year i do mine at 42 psi

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I pump my spare to ~60 PSI, and always carry a tyre pressure gauge in the car to adjust down the pressure when I need to use it. Air leaks out of spare typre much faster because it is not carrrying any weight. At ~60PSI, the internal air pressure resists air loss much better so there is less chance I end up with two flat tyres by the road side.

Quote Originally Posted by mastcell View Post
    I pump my spare to ~60 PSI, and always carry a tyre pressure gauge in the car to adjust down the pressure when I need to use it. Air leaks out of spare typre much faster because it is not carrrying any weight. At ~60PSI, the internal air pressure resists air loss much better so there is less chance I end up with two flat tyres by the road side.
    WTF!!!??? 60 psi damn......im amazed it can hold that much pressure... usually i pump my tyres to 39 or 40 and 42 for the spare
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I don't think there is any problem pumping the spare up to 60PSI as long as you dont load it. This suggestion came from a motor magazine many years ago. You can certainly leave yours at 42 but you just got to check it more frequently or risk having a flat/underinflated spare when you really need it.

Or get the tyre filled up with nitrogen, would lose pressure at a slower rate than air.
    Last edited by NeoNode; 21-04-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    I second that, go to Bob Jane, costs $5/ tyre, and a tyre lifetime of checks and top ups (if needed) for free.

Or do what a lot of us do and run nitro in all your tyres to maintain a constant pressure with almost no loss.

Only $25 for the 5, and your tyres last longer, to me that's a good investment!
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual
    To give you both hands free apply a pad of velcro to the lip of the spare wheel cover. One half is attached to the cover and the other to the boot lid roof area. When you lift the cover the velcro holds it in place. If you use the self adhesive backed Velcro I suggest you have wife/girlfriend/partner sew around the edges for max adhesion. Now you can easily move the spare around to replenish the air, say 40 PSI and check every 3 months.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I just pump it up to like 48psi and check every 6 mths.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    I recently checked my spare after about 2 yrs with nitro in it and it was down about 2lb........slack aren't I!
    ....ahh well.......... it's only a Ford...lol
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Someone at Honda mentioned to me that the ideal pressure for the front and rear tyres are different for the Euro. Is this true? I don't remember the figures sorry but I think the front was a higher PSI than the rear.