Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra // 01 e46 BMW

got some water leaking into my 97 integra

ok today its been raining pretty heavy, thing is some water is leaking into my car, I have had this car 2 weeks and have not had a problem with it its immac all over this is my first problem...

just this dam water leak, water seems to be comming to the drivers site like near the back seats?

I think it could be from the sunroof I don't know.

where are some common places that these cars leak water from?
    I cant see any possible places at all?
    maby like the window seals need to be re done or something?

thanks

Could be the gasket seals especially if you have aftermarket tail lights. Another culprit is the sunroof plug behind the rear panels in the trunk.

yepp.. check the roof linings!!
    open up ur hatch.. and check along the linings of the roof.. make sure they're aligned and sitting properly all the way around..

This happend to my dc2 as well.. saw drops of water leakin in... checked it and the lining wasnt on properly.. now it doesnt leak anymore!

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra // 01 e46 BMW
    I read on the net something about how the wipers can block up and it leaks into the carpet?

is this a possible cause?

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=leaky

but i think this is related to the older tegs? do they have a similar wiper set up on the newer ones?

thanks for your input goodman.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra // 01 e46 BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by GOODAN View Post
    Could be the gasket seals especially if you have aftermarket tail lights. Another culprit is the sunroof plug behind the rear panels in the trunk.
    nope these are stock tail lights,

maby I should just put some silicon into the window seals they are a lil dodgey

Don't know what the water restrictions in Sydney are but if possible, remove all the inner panels inside the trunk and get someone to hose ur car down with you being inside to see where the leaks come in.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    If you cant see anything but can smell the damp water inside, sometimes passengers can kick off the air con thing under the glove box on the passenger front side. Happened to my GSI and DC2R. And because I only pretty much run the aircon when it rains I thought it was water getting inside the car from somewhere.

Leaks

Ok i have had the same problem as you.. I had water in the boot and also where the rear seats were.

- First of all find the leak by taking of all the trims, seats, boot carpet etc - it might take some time to find the leak but its worth finding
    - I found that the leak was coming trough the rear lights i dont know if this will be the same for you but its worth a try.. When you take of the rear trim that reveals the rear lights see if you can spot any leaks or water coming from where the bulbs are inserted into the light.. Usually the seal between the light and body of the car is worn out and doesnt stop the water from coming into the light and then the water drips down into the boot through the screw holes and stuff..
    - Then when u accelerate/brake the water shifts up and down the boot, then coming into the place where the rear seats are..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Quote Originally Posted by GOODAN View Post
    Don't know what the water restrictions in Sydney are but if possible, remove all the inner panels inside the trunk and get someone to hose ur car down with you being inside to see where the leaks come in.
    lol just wait till u do ur washing fill some buckets up from the wasking machine get some nice dirty soapy water lol

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra // 01 e46 BMW
    had a look at this today it seems thats its the front window seals..

how much would it be to replace all the whole front window seals as they area bit dodgey

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    it could be the quarter panel back window, it happen to my integra as well, had plenty of water accumulated in the spare tire well...then gradually overflowed thru the whole car.. check the seal ... at the back window

Water leak into front cabin

Looked everwhere finally found the water leak into the passenger footwell or if camber is drivers side down the drivers side, looked like water drops coming from bottom of A pillar or from fresh air intake through heater fan, BUT no it was,

Rust holes between the roof and the top of the front window, under the cracked si elastic, hidden by the chrome cover molds. Just on LHS of centre, due to road camber holding water, (opposite side for LHD due to opposite camber)

The water enters the cabin through the rust holes, runs across the plastic ceiling mold and down the A pillar's