Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ

C/B Pillar bars ? RICE or actually work

anyways I had a read here and honda-tech.

these things really work at all? some say it makes it stiffer and it removes squeek. and the rest just say its for handing clothes.

what i want to know could you actually feel the difference in handling for DAILY DRIVING? and which part does it improve (turn-in, understeer etc).

cheers

I DONT WANT E-MECH or SOMEONE WITH NO ACTUALLY EXPERIENCE FEEDING ME CRAP INFO

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    b pillar is ok... doesnt help all that much and isnt really noticable.. mentally its great.. Ill be removing mine shortly..
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

i don't feel jack crap with the c-pillar.

It's just there for JDM Bling.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    no difference at all to me...
    but then again i've never tracked my car yet, only use it on the roads

i covered mine with padding usually used for roof racks...
    now it makes a comfortable head rest for rear passengers

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    It might be worth adding that although the c/b pillar bar won't be easily noticable, the fact that it is solely there to eliminate chassis flex won't necessarily make it handle better but will make the handling more predictable on the limit as the suspension geometry is not changing as much therefore maintaining better contact with the road.
    I'd expect this to be especially worth having if you are running semi's at the track which will put much more strain on the chassis.

any pillar bar = rice.

Only bars thta do anything , LINK and REINFORCE 2 sides of the car that is under torsional pressure.
    IE swaybar or strut bar

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    If so then how is it that a roll cage increases rigidity and therefore handling?

Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    If so then how is it that a roll cage increases rigidity and therefore handling?
    A roll cage....is NOT designed to "increase rigidity and therefore handling".
    A roll cage on any car with basic suspension would DECREASE handling.
    A roll cage , like the name suggest is for ROLLING.

" a structural framework designed to prevent serious bodyshell deformation in the case of a collision or roll-over"

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    chuck you might want to read up on cusco 21 rollcages on honda-tech. they're not designed for rolling. they're just simple bolt on cages that crumble from the force of a hammer. guys in the U.S buy em for bling blue colour, or for autocrossing/motokhana events

long story short. install a bolt on cage ie:cusco, roll, and die LOL
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    A roll cage....is NOT designed to "increase rigidity and therefore handling".
    A roll cage on any car with basic suspension would DECREASE handling.
    A roll cage , like the name suggest is for ROLLING.
    UM... Correction Benn,

YES - a rollcage DOES increase Chassis RIGIDITY and HANDLING if its built correctly!

A normal cage ie: main loop/rear legs and front legs will provide a safety net for the occupants of the car during a rollover.

BUT

if a rollcage is built with added 'triangulated' tubes, its WELDED in not just bolted in - it will stiffen the overall chassis against flexing during corners. The 'handling' benefit of a rollcage can only be see if the rollcage is using a triangulated design to make it stronger and is also attached to the A/B/C pillars in the car.

Eg: Japanese Race Cars and Drift Cars all have Rollcages installed - but not purely for the 'safety' but also to stiffen the body up.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    alright guess i have no need for a pillar then. solved n closed plz
    cheers all

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    A 'C' pillar brace in my opinion will in some way benefit a car if its using the triangulated design and is linked to a brace between the struts.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A