Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    As i said before i didnt feel anything great regarding the brace.. but i would doubt it does absolutely nothing..

A picture of a no higned b pillar brace and yes its my one..

Its clear that you dont believe the car to flex into a Rhombus... Quiet strange considering front and rear strut braces are very similiar..

if u dont believe the car flexes to a rhombus shape then with the the roof out of alignment then its completly up to u...
    It jsut sounds logical to me and the others who have PM'ed me supporting what i am saying..
    Sorry i missed this post, let me respond
    As i said before i didnt feel anything great regarding the brace.. but i would doubt it does absolutely nothing..
    So do i, it braces the pillars. What i doubt is that bracing the b/c pillars in this way, has any effect on the torsional resistance to twisting.

Its clear that you dont believe the car to flex into a Rhombus...
    No, what i dont believe is that the torques that cause the torsional twisting causes the chassis to flex in a rhombus, it dosnt.
    Its this torsional twisting that needs resisting, to improve the performance of the chassis. If the roof truly does move outwards in hard cornering, bracing to prevent this with b/c pillar braces, in a single plain across the chassis, will not effect the resistance to torsional twisting.

if u dont believe the car flexes to a rhombus shape then with the the roof out of alignment then its completly up to u...
    To be honest, it never even crossed my mind, im talking soley about the resistance to torsional twisting and preventing it. It the roof slightly flexes outwards due to cornering forcesm this has no impact on torsional stiffness.
    This would fall under my statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    I dont doubt at all that flex is seen in these members, and that bracing them would reduce it. While you may be able to feel the increased stiffness I do doubt that reducing this flex, with a single unsupported and hinged member, in a single plane across the chassis will effect the torsionl rigidity at all. Leading me right back to the first fact i stated, this is not my opionion, it is solid fact.
    Quiet strange considering front and rear strut braces are very similiar..
    Actually no there not simular, strut bars are soley there to remove flex occouring at the suspension mount points, they contribute little to torsional rigidity (still some, seeing that the fenders slightly flex due to the torsional torque).

Pillar braces do not stiffen up the suspension mount points, they either
    a)reduce flex
    b)reduce flex in a way that increases torsional rigidity

they achieve a) not b).
    Last edited by Muzz; 02-05-2007 at 04:43 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    have u heard of cars that are so powerful that they buckle their roofs...
    Mine does and cracked my sunroof
    Yep, is it because they are powerful and the torsional twist is multiplied by the tailshaft, or is it because powerful cars see higher cornering g's that less powerful cars, causing greater torsional twisting forces lol? Well its certainly not the second option there!

Once again, i dont doubt that they brace the chassis, i doubt they brace the chassis in a way that reduces the torsional twisting due to the differences in front/rear roll stiffnesses.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    It isnt all about [COLOR=Red]TORSION .... [COLOR=Black]there is also FLEX rigidity to take into consideration..

Stop emphasising on things and sit back and open you eyes to the bigger picture...
    I could ask you to do the same, a fact that i stated before: the only 2 stiffnesses that actually effect the handling of a vechicle.
    1. stiffness at the suspension mount points
    2. torsional rigidity

flex that dosnt effect these values, dosnt effect handling.

if you car flexes the weight transfer is mutipled.. I honestly give up...
    hhahaha, you gotta be kidding me! That is so incorrect its hilarious, care to share how this takes place. There is tons of tech articles out there on the net reguarding weight transfer, please find ANYTHING that supports ur claim.
    U are very wrong my friend.

believe what u like.. cant argue with people who doesnt want to listen
    Finally, at least somthing we agree on
    Enjoy the greater cornering g forces!

im out!
    Back from the dead

b pillar is ok... doesnt help all that much and isnt really noticable.. mentally its great.. Ill be removing mine shortly..
    you said it best to begin with Blitz , which we all agree with. But you want to go on and say otherwise.

keep the discussion to the other thread. EK4R , make up your own mind.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 02-05-2007 at 05:02 PM.