Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I use a C-Pillar on the EG cause the rear hatch has been known to pop up
    under cornering stress and so far, the rear hatch hasn't pop'ed under track conditions...and I'm not about to remove it to validate - Something pops, something usually breaks...so I'll live with the bling.

I also run a B Pillar. Could get a cage...yeah....but it'll have to be weld in to be beneficial to rigidity...but with the bars, at least I can remove them and use my back seats if needed.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    hmmm i thought i could feel a SLIGHT difference with my no-name rear bar, not much but something. i wouldnt say it improved the handling but the car did feel a little 'tighter'... then again it could have all been all in my head coz it's hard to really measure stuff like that
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i got c pillar bar.. but doesnt feel any different

just more squeekage added to my car.

nothing as noticeable when u upgrade sways n struts.. i felt a difference with them as soon as i hit the first corner.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    A roll cage....is NOT designed to "increase rigidity and therefore handling".
    It might not be designed to increase rigidity but it does. We had to reduce the spring rates in our race car after adding a roll cage.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    A roll cage....is NOT designed to "increase rigidity and therefore handling".
    A roll cage on any car with basic suspension would DECREASE handling.
    A roll cage , like the name suggest is for ROLLING.
    Errr....... roll cage DOES increase rigidity and Handling.

IT INCREASES HANDLING.

I myself have a 4 point bolt on roll cage and So does my bro's EG civic and i must say its one of the BBEST suspension mods you could DO.

SO for C/B pillar bars ill say they would acutally work.

Id hate to see your car/s in an accident on the everyday road

Ive dispelled a myth - some people seem to think rollcages are a handling upgrade. A rollcage is designed for safety guys - but yes it does change handling. And , a roll cage is not a pillar bar. This thread is about PILLAR bars experience , not a roll cage
    BTW Zco , yeah read em up. Those cusos style "Bolt on" cages are pathetic. Anyone got one ?

Anyone else have pillar bar experience ? IE track people , bother with pillar bars ?

Account Disabled Array
    If anyone is going to put more than 3-4 bars in there cars should think about getting a roll cage.

Roll cage are a more effective means of strengthening and adding stability to the car. It will definitely improve handling both on streets and track.

I've trial both, monkey bars in my cars (c's, b's, strut brace) and now a roll cage. Roll cage just has been the best form of strengthening to the car as well as safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    If anyone is going to put more than 3-4 bars in there cars should think about getting a roll cage.

Roll cage are a more effective means of strengthening and adding stability to the car. It will definitely improve handling both on streets and track.

I've trial both, monkey bars in my cars (c's, b's, strut brace) and now a roll cage. Roll cage just has been the best form of strengthening to the car as well as safety.
    do u run a upgraded front or rear swaybar ?

Have you found more increased turn in with a roll cage present ?

Account Disabled Array
    only rear sway has been upgraded to the whiteline kit. Yes front end is more pointy and response very well.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Id hate to see your car/s in an accident on the everyday road

Ive dispelled a myth - some people seem to think rollcages are a handling upgrade. A rollcage is designed for safety guys - but yes it does change handling. And , a roll cage is not a pillar bar. This thread is about PILLAR bars experience , not a roll cage
    BTW Zco , yeah read em up. Those cusos style "Bolt on" cages are pathetic. Anyone got one ?

Anyone else have pillar bar experience ? IE track people , bother with pillar bars ?
    No offence but you're contradicting yourself then Benn, as you stated that roll cages don't change rigidity and handling, only for safety - never mind LOL

I have a CUSCO Safety21 Cage sitting at home (un-installed). And YES, although it is NOT approved for 'TRACK USE' by CAMS - it can be approved for ROAD use by the local Road Traffic Department.
    Anything is better than nothing in reality, but saying a CUSCO cage is BAD - i'm asking for PROOF.
    A Home made cage i'd be worried to install, but these cages according to CUSCO have been tested and pass 'their' tests. Those may not be thesame rules here, and it fails but it doesn't mean its CRAP.

Anyway - back to the 'braces' questions.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

I'll just say that chassis rigidity enhances the stability/predictability of the car mid-corner.

Hence the decrease in handling when you remove the roof of a del sol...

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    reminder: this thread is about B/C pillars, not roll cages
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan