Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amp Question

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol

Amp Question

i've searched, but couldnt find anything specific...

ok, so i want 2 amps in my car, one 4 channel amp to run my pioneer speakers, and one monoblock amp to run a 12 inch sub....the 4 channel amp i have already installed in my car working perfectly.

so here is my question....would i be able to use only one power cable with the one fuse from the car battery to power up my 4 channel amp, as well as running the monoblock amp??

so basicly wat it is is that one power cable from battery to 4 channel amp, then extending that cable from the 4 chanel amp to the monoblock...

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Hi
    Depending on how much power your running.
    I would run a 4 gauge power cable to a distribution block with 2 8 gauge outlets,
    Then connect each of the two outlets to each amp.
    Run one big fuse as close to the battery as possibble.
    The distribution block does not need fuses the amps have them anyway.
    So to answer you question the easiest way is to go and buy a distribution block, diconnect the power cable from you amp run it to the distribution block and then connect your amps from there.
    Ensure the power and earth cables are thick enough.
    Last edited by TEGNO1; 01-05-2007 at 11:34 AM.

i recommend that u disconnect both amps from the power cable that comes from the battery and connect that end to a distributor...make sure that cable between the battery and distributor is an 8 gauge cable...had have a fuse on the cable too...ok so now from the distributor, u'll need two 4 gauge power cables, 1 for each amp....and hopefully u know wat to do with the rest like the remote cable and the rca's

i hope i gave the right information...someone confirm b4 this guy blows something in his car

*EDIT* u beat me with a better answer TEGNO1
    Last edited by IndoStyler; 01-05-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    my 4 channel amp is 800W, and the monoblock amp i'm planning on getting would have 800W output too....atm, i'm pretty sure i'm running a 8gauge cable from the battery with a fuse....can i just use that to the distributor? then have another 2 8 gauge cable from the distributor to the amps?...or will that blow something up??

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Na that should be fine as long as you run that fuse near the battery,
    i do recommend at least 4 gauge but that should be fine just ensure you earth the amps correctly with the same gauge cable.
    Running a cable thats not big enough is like trying to run standard fuel lines on a 1000hp motor.
    But dont worry about it too much youll be fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    r u sure it will be all good??? should i run another fuse between distributor and them amp too??

opps, i ment 4 gauge cable from battery to distributor and 8 gauge from distributor to amps....but yeh....as tegno1 said, 8 gauge cables all the way thru should be fine as long as u have the amps earthed properly....and if u really want to be safe, u can add the fuse between the distributor and the amps, but not really nessecary coz u already have 1 near the battery, and the amps are fused anyway...maybe just get a bigger fuse near the battery
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    yeah no more fuses,

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    wats a good distributor?? and how much??

Stinger is good quality, but mostly you are paying for brand name, and most do the same exact thing.

You can get one at Jaycar for around $25 for a fused one.

Also what are the fuses on your amps?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    dunno wat fuse i'm using...will look into it later

i was just looking at this 1 http://www.ryda.com.au/Stinger-STEE8...GA-p/stee8.htm

would that be perfect for the setup i'm going to run??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    i think i'm using a 60A fuse or something