Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    maybe you should read before you post i let me car warm up for 10mins everyday and i still have notchy second gear until you actually drive for 15-20 mins... the gear box cant actually warm up until you drive it...

Which i shouldnt have to do... the car should go in second gear like a breeze...

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Integra Luxury
    1. Year and Month Made: 2005 DC5 Luxury
    2. Current KMS: 58k
    3. Details of problem: 2nd gear grinds when upshifting when cold. Sometimes downshifting too. Gets better after awhile/
    4: Under Warranty: Yes - extended

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Major bump, was anything actually achieved?

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    From experience i have found that stiffer engine mounts and fresh transmission fluid helped the shifting substantially. I have my theory that the notchy shifting may also have something to do with the CMC for our clutches not moving enough fluid around, i have read that RSX owners that have installed Civic SI cmc's have noticed a big improvement in shifting feel, possibly because of the larger piston diameter.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by stevanbonic View Post
    From experience i have found that stiffer engine mounts and fresh transmission fluid helped the shifting substantially
    Interesting that you may say this. I'm getting new engine mounts very soon and will be able to confirm whether or not it makes a difference.
    Interesting about the CMC as well I'll have to have a look into it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    DC5R = 2nd Gear Notchy When cold hard to select 2nd and grinds
    DC5S = 3rd gear pop outs when cold and grinds

Fault with design on both gear box's unless your gear box seems fine from new till now.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG & DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Interesting that you may say this. I'm getting new engine mounts very soon and will be able to confirm whether or not it makes a difference.
    I've had new hardrace mounts in my DC5R for 2 weeks now and can confirm that this indeed did fix my particular problem. After installation I no longer had any gear grinds, haven't had it once since installation.