Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R

Is it possible to repair Semi slicks?

Hi guys,

I have a set of semi's and it looks like I have a nail puncture. It is possible to repair Semi slick's like street tires?

Thanks in advance.

since they are a softer compound - under stress and heat i would think any repair would fail.
    Besides , you are using semi slicks to the limits...why fix it for $30 and get a blow out ?

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    You 'think' or you 'know'? Is anyone 100% sure of this. Has anyone had a semi repaired before?

most places will repair it. but it wont last very long. imo you would be better off getting a new one

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic EK4

RE: Repair semi slick

I actually had a repair for my A0-38 soft compound b4, it works great on it after the repair, i had not had any problem. but you need to consider how long the rubber would last because if it has only 20-30% rubber left, i recommend you to get the new one.
    thats my personal opinion.

thats what i mean... the rubber

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyuym View Post
    I actually had a repair for my A0-38 soft compound b4, it works great on it after the repair, i had not had any problem. but you need to consider how long the rubber would last because if it has only 20-30% rubber left, i recommend you to get the new one.
    thats my personal opinion.
    My thoughts are with this guy ^^^

To add, my thoughts:
    If your using just for street, repair would be fine as it is for normal street tyres.

If your using for track then I might think twice about just getting a new tyre.
    Deano.

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    is it fine to run one tire with 100%, and 3 with 60-70%?

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki_kalsi
    is it fine to run one tire with 100%, and 3 with 60-70%?
    In short, No.

Compound properties and breakdown changes significantly. Once R compounds are heated up and cooled down, which you would have if you have 60-70% life remaining.

What you'll end up with is inconsistent grip and temperature control on 1 vs. 3. The older tyres will take longer to warm up and offer lesser grip than the newer tyre which is the last thing you want if you are using the R compounds on a circuit.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic EK4

RE: repair the semi-slick tyre

I can tell you that the steering wheel wont be straight if you run on one new tyre and the 3 old tyres coz I have done it b4, it doenst really matter if you have the new one in the front or at the rear, the steering wheel will twist on one side for sure. how about u trade in the other old tyre and have two new and two old? i think it will be the best idea if you can afford two new tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    It's possible but as mentioned above probably worthwhile thinking about it twice or trice if it's for track use
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    my best mate's bro has a 10 second car on full race slicks that had a puncher and he fixed it like a street tire and its fine