hmmm can you please repost your pics??

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darf View Post
When I posted last I had the cradle and ipod banging around in the centre bin on the console and I hadn't figured out what the hell to do with it. Since then I have had a sicky/work from home/slept in kinda day. -rest assured I did NOT do any work.

Instead I devoted this day to finding a way to mount the Ipod in my car. It had to be visable/usable while driving, or at least stopped at traffic lights . It also had to be somewere it could easily be hidden while parked. I think the answer is pretty obvious, but I'm pretty happy witht the result and want to inspire all you glovebox-mounted battlers...

The only reason I did not do this originally is that I coudn't see how I could slide the ipod into the cradle as the roof of the storage bin is too low. After spending the previous saturday trying ideas with mounts that could be leaned forward to help inserting the ipod or a telescopic mount that came far enough out to let me drop it in, it turns out that you can just push the ipod in from the front by bending one of the sides outwards slightly. This sounds a bit nasty, but give it a try- the plastic is very flexible. You may also notice a big white circle on the cradle, this is a self-adhesive pad that was supposed to go on the bottom of a chair etc to stop it from scratching the floorboards. My ipod is the super-skinny 30Gb model and this white pad was the perfect thickness for a nice snug fit and is fuzzy on the front so the ultra-scratchable ipod is kept in mint condition.

Check out my pics! (Disclaimer- If you are offended by dirty honda interiors, please leave the site now)

All the mount is made of is a wooden triangle cut at about 80 degrees, with the cradle screwed on one side and some bad-ass double sided tape on the other. A little bit of black spray paint and bob's your uncle. It does help if you have bits of wood lying around the yard and a 12 hundred dollar chop saw at your disposal, but thats what parents are for!

The dog also played an important role in the installation - and also I couldn't remember which filename that photo was. There is no way I could have done it without the gifts of tennis balls and my old socks she brought me throughout the morning...

On another topic: Firmware 3.05 is awesome. Get it. Simple as that.

Use Ipod UI mode, put disc number on 3. You can skip tracks with the HU's track buttons and skip albums the the HU's ff/rw buttons.

Eurodude I have a high 5 with your name on it!