Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Also, will the Denison unit charge the ipod ? (very important)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    I installed my dension adapter and originally got interference due to not insulating the plug properly.

I am currently having an issue with my HU not going to CD mode and not recognising the ipod when it is plugged in. The dension FAQ said to simply take the fuse out of the HU to reset it, I am going to try this tonight. I will let you know at about 7pm or so how it goes.

Apart from this (only started yesterday), my dension works great. The music from the ipod is not as loud as the radio / CDs but only slightly.

The ashtray compartment can be tricky to get out aswell, I used a flat head to pry the front clip off while pressing the little clip underneath. If you need any in-detail help watch that video or PM me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Thanks cutch but do you know if it is compatible with the current second gen ipod nano and if it will charge the ipod please?
    Your insulation tape won't provide any electrical shielding from radiated emissions - you would need braid for that, grounded at one or either end. Sounds like you may have had a loose connection or some exposed wire touching another conductor if the insulation tape made a difference.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I used electrical tape to secure the plug and hide any exposed wires. but to answer your questions:

1. Do any of you still experience any interference on your audio from your iPods or MP3 players?

Nope

2. What exactly will the satellite stereo controls on the steering wheel do to the iPod - skip current song?

volume + & - changes the volume on the HU not on the Ipod. Search + & - changes the track you are listening to

3. Is this Denison compatible with the current (2nd gen) iPod nano?

Yes it is, I use the 40g video ipod

4. Are there any special tricks to the installation?

as mentioned before

5. Will the Denison unit charge the ipod?

Yes your ipod is charged by the dension adapter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Thanks cutch. I'm think I'm going to buy one off of ebay.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    The Denison being offered on ebay ($72 AUS) is known there as "DENSION ICE LINK PLUS Sys. for APPLE IPOD, I20-HONDA-R3" whereas on Desion's website they list the ILPRHB1CR1 for the Acura TSX.

Cutch, which model did you buy?

There is this http://www.advancedice.com.au/produc...umber=21145neo but for $319!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by aeuro; 13-06-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    i bought the icelink dension plus I20-Honda-R3

that neo advance does not come with cradle but it will come with a warranty. there is alot of bugs with the ice-link adapter, just google "dension problems". Alot of people said theirs works fine, and so did mine (assuming I can fix it tonight lol). the neo advance can also display video if you buy the cradle for an extra 99 bucks (if you have a screen in your car).

Tis a risk, if you buy from eBay but you could save a dick load of money.
    Last edited by cutchorama; 13-06-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Thanks again mate. I'll *try real hard* to hold buying the ebay unit for the moment and will wait to see how you go tonight. The dension unit sure does look nice though!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    they have some nice cradles as well that do not need to drill your car. somewhere in the forums here.

Also, go to www.ebay.com (note not .com.au)

search "dension honda", there you will see alot of international sellers selling the R3 for cheaper. talk soon! (I should really get back to work, heh)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Cutch, I just spoke to a person from a company selling the Dension Ice Link Plus for the Honda Accord Euro here in Australia. I told him about the units being sold in ebay and he reckoned -

1. The R3 models of Ice Link Plus (as on sale on ebay) are old and I need the new 'HONDA B' model of Ice Link Plus for a 2006 Honda Accord Euro.

2. The Acura stereos are Pioneer whereas our are Alpine, meaning that there may be problems when buying an Ice Link Plus from Canada to use in our Euros here.

These are important points. I'm wary. Given these differences, you've taken some risk and could've damaged your oem stereo.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Nope, it works well, just needed a reset. Works fine now, didn't seem to like swapping to the Ipod UI mode...

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    o sweet as... i ordered mine on sunday haha woot =P shall come next week hehe