Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    cutch, mind if I give you a heads up in a couple of weeks time? I want to see how you go for a while before ordering one myself.
    The HondaB version of the Denison Ice Link Plus sells for $300 here, yet I can buy the older superseded R3 version off of ebay for $42AU. That's a big difference in price making me wonder what is different between the two.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I think the one off eBay IS the old one.. because it says it supports 4G iPods and stuff (but not the Video like the one on the Dension site).

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    haha well i got the old one if thats the case, no worries thou.. hehe
    it arrived today thou =D gonna install it 2morro after college woot
    no more burning cds for me

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    LOL that's my reaction/use for it. Happens to work with the iPod Video after all so I'm considering getting LCD screen for it too =]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    I'll be interested to hear how you guys go please.

I've just tried the Kensington FM transmitter with my ipod in the Euro and sadly it wasn't up to scratch. The quality of the music reproduction was fine for artists such as Lisa Gerrard as the volume of her music doesn't change rapidly, whereas Iron Maiden and Jimmy Hendrix sounded awful. The audio would distort whenever vocals appeared in the track, I suspect because the volume changes rapidly and this causes distortion. No problem with the music being loud enough in general though. I'm returning the product.

So now I have three options -

1. Buy the old R3 version Dension. Of course it IS the old version if it's being sold on the web for 40 bucks guys! The new version is known as the H4 or B4 (I forget now).

2. Buy the new version of Dension for $300 and install it myself.

3. Find the pinout of the Euro's setero aux port, then find the ipod electrical specification and build my own interface. While I have the know how, I don't have the time which is typical.

Cutch, how is your Dension going please?

Hopefully the R3 Dension works out for you guys.

PS. God that wavey hand smiley on this forum is Gay.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I also wonder what the big differences in features between old and new is..

... my best guess is the new one has the AUX-IN input on the adaptor so you can use it like an AUX-IN cable too (as my old R3 doesn't have this feature despite it being mentioned in the ICELINK PLUS manual on the dension website). There may be other user-features; but everything else seems to work fine for me on the old R3 (playlists, ipod UI mode, steering wheel controls, etc..)- and in all honesty, if all you want is iPod to work with perfect quality and steering wheel controls, I find it hard to see how the new one is any different/better. If you can live without the wheel controls, you could always save and buy a standard AUX-IN port and use that to hook up your iPod.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Some photos;

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Thanks guys.

I bought a Kenisington wireless FM tramsitter for the car which just didn't work well enough. It distorted on high pitches in the songs no matter how well it was tuned. I've returned it and I'll buy one of these R3 densions today.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    If you get it off eBay, I do recommend that dude I bought it from. I didn't get it as cheap as others (didn't see any $40 ones!) but he did provide me with a lot of support when I kept emailing stupid questions regarding install, compatibility, etc... I guess this isn't such a priority for you since you already know the exact model you want, but for me, I was quite scared of buying the wrong thing!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    Mine is still working fine. I'm just about to alter my audio set up significantly though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    I've received my Dension Ice Link Plus and will install it this weekend. The ipod nano doesn't sit that well in the cradle since the connector on the ipod isn't centrally located. It still does fit though and I will either make something out of foam to suuport the nano int he cradle or I will buy the correct bracket.

A couple of questions though -
    Did you guys remove power from the Euro's stereo before installing the Ice Link? Did you disconnect the battery or remove the radio fuse?

How do I reset the Euro's stereo if need be?

I would also like to know how others have mounted the cradle please. I don't want to drill any holes in the dash of course for the 4 screws. I was thinking of screwing the cradle to a plate of some kind and then using velcro to attach that to the dash, just above my left knee.

Photos would be really nice

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    $50! Ouch!
    http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/C...dashmounts.seo

22 Pounds! Ouch!
    http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iP..._for_iPod_nano

I think I'll knock something up myself!