Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Can you upgrade the firmware in the Dension IceLink?

I updated my iPods firmware, and the IceLink doesnt see the iPod now (I cannot control teh ipod using the steering wheel buttons). But the audio still goes through.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Reminder to self. Do not update ipod firmware.

Bummer Eurodude. Worth a check of the Dension website or an email to them.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ATT41 - Black 6speed Euro
    yea ouch i reckon aye. Make sure you disable your battery because you don't want to hurt your electronics. and to reset your HU the easy way is just to unhook your battery for 30 sec.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Isn't the Icelink firmware updatable by downloading some mp3 and putting it on your iPod? *shrugs* Can't remember but as others suggested, ask Dension.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah I found the "Start_Update.mp3" file, but I cant find the actual firmware anywhere. Dension dont have it on their site.

ps. got my icelink working again, out of the blue it detected it was connected to a honda and works fine now.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    What firmware version do u guys have? You can see the version when the IceLink starts up, or if you press/hold "CD6" on the Honda Deck to access the icelink setup menu

Mine is ICEV23.04 (3.04)

EDIT I found the new 3.06 firmware, no thanks to dension as they dont provide us with icelink firmwares on their site anymore
    here is the link: http://install.dension.com/ICE-LINK_PLUS_FW_306.exe

History of Ice>Link Plus 3.0x firmwares
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ICEV2-3.06

Bug fixes:
    - Improved Program FLASH write algorithm

New features:

Known Bugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ICEV2-3.05

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed iPod UI mode with iPod 5G (Video).
    - Fixed firmware version displaying at Warning message. The new format is:
    ICEV2-3.05

New features:
    - Kenwood interface support.
    - Improved iPod UI mode. New features:
    CD1 + FFWD/REWD = Fast Forward/Rewind
    CD2 + FFWD/REWD = Next/Previous Playlist
    CD3 + FFWD/REWD = Next/Previous Album
    CD3 + FFWD/REWD = Next/Previous Chapter
    Note: The extended key set above is not accessible with iPod 3G

Known Bugs:

Firmware upgrade recommended for the following car interfaces and users:
    -

New features:
    - Added Ford(ACP) interface.
    Version 3.04 now containes the following car interfaces:
    - Honda (B)
    - FORD(ACP) Compatible with most Ford headunits built before 2004,
    - JVC

Bug fixes:
    - Communication bug fixed. The previous version (3.03) generated faulty
    packets at power up/down and disc decrement.

Known Bugs:
    -

Go to the Dension support page for update instructions: http://support.dension.com/support-c...od_id=2&root=8

And here is the dension technical bulletin which has heaps of firmware information http://www.halmaclean.co.uk/_files/i...etin_A0009.pdf

There is also version 3.T3 but I'm not sure if its compatible with Honda/Acura
    If you are willing to try 3.T3, let us know how it goes: http://install.dension.com/ICE-LINK_PLUS_FW_3T3.exe
    Last edited by EuroDude; 06-07-2007 at 01:18 PM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    For those who are having trouble updating the firmware, here is how:

Download and extract ICE-LINK_PLUS_FW_306 to a folder on your PC. For example c:\ICE306\, you will end up with hundreds of small mp3 files in that folder.

Then launch iTunes and attach your iPod. Then go to the File Menu and click "Add folder to library" and specify the c:\ICE306\ folder.

iTunes will add all the files to the iTunes library. Then Sync iTunes with your iPod to copy the files to your iPod.

Then disconnect the iPod and power it on, go into Music->Genre->Update->Menu->Start_Update.mp3 (I think thats the path) and start playing the Start_Update.mp3 file.

Now go to your car and turn on the ignition (you dont need to start the engine), and change the Music Mode on the Honda Deck to CDC (CD Changer). Now plug your iPod into the IceLink while its playing Start_Update.mp3.

The iPod should start updating the firmware within a few seconds, and takes about 5 minutes to complete. DO NOT TURN OFF THE IGNITION while its updating as you could corrupt the IceLinks' firmware.

It should now say ICEV2-3.06 when you see the "Dont Browse while driving" warning message.
    Last edited by EuroDude; 09-07-2007 at 07:14 PM.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Another succesful ipod installation

Hi everyone.

I'm an Ozhonda newb and this is my 1st post since joining. (My old car was a nissan...)

I have a black 6MT euro (I couldn't afford the lux-o model )

Anyway, getting to my point:

I just installed my I20-Honda-R3 based on what I have read on this forum and I think its awesome. Sounds great, installations a breeze and and it only cost me 100bux delivered.

I just want to address some technicalities with the firmware updates as it took me a good few hours to work this out.

You need to install the firmwares in order of release: I wanted to install the 3.05 firmware so that I could use the skip album feature and I had version 3.02. I tried countless times in install 3.05 but to no avail so I tried 3.04- which worked straight away. I then tried 3.05, which also worked 1st try.

----BEFORE you can install 3.05, you must FIRST install 3.04.----

I hope this helps anyone struggling with the same problem.

The skip album works a treat and I think makes using the Ice>link a whole lot easier that reaching down for the ipod.....

My ice>link came with a cradle which is currently banging around in the bin below the HU. I guess figuring how I'm going to mount that comes next...

Major kudos to eurodude for finding the firmware!!!
    You know that look you get from a woman when she wants sex....? Neither do I.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sports 2007
    Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I have the Dension Ice Link Plus all installed and it works very well.

I mounted the PCB on the inside of the centre console plastic using Velcro with adhesive backing. I then ran the cable into the glove box and I have the cradle sitting in there away from prying eyes. To cater for the iPod Nano, I shaped a piece of foam to sit between the cradle and the iPod. This all works a treat!

Some songs sounded a bit too 'crisp' so I deleted everything on the iPod and re sampled my CDs using the highest quality option in iTunes, with error correction enabled. That made a difference and I am very happy with the sound quality now.

Thanks to all those who helped - An iPod hardwired to the Euro's stereo for $70 AUD!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Luxury
    I just installed an Icelink in my 07 Euro Lux. I bought it off ebay for A$99 shipped. I got sent an older Honda-A version, but it's working fine. I actually found navigating the playlists with the Head Unit REALLY annoying, so I switched it to iPod control and it's great.

It took me about 20 minutes to get everything out, 20 minutes pissing about drilling a hole in the console box and about 30 minutes buggering about to set the thing to iPod control.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Talking Update - finished my Ipod installation

When I posted last I had the cradle and ipod banging around in the centre bin on the console and I hadn't figured out what the hell to do with it. Since then I have had a sicky/work from home/slept in kinda day. -rest assured I did NOT do any work.

Instead I devoted this day to finding a way to mount the Ipod in my car. It had to be visable/usable while driving, or at least stopped at traffic lights . It also had to be somewere it could easily be hidden while parked. I think the answer is pretty obvious, but I'm pretty happy witht the result and want to inspire all you glovebox-mounted battlers...

The only reason I did not do this originally is that I coudn't see how I could slide the ipod into the cradle as the roof of the storage bin is too low. After spending the previous saturday trying ideas with mounts that could be leaned forward to help inserting the ipod or a telescopic mount that came far enough out to let me drop it in, it turns out that you can just push the ipod in from the front by bending one of the sides outwards slightly. This sounds a bit nasty, but give it a try- the plastic is very flexible. You may also notice a big white circle on the cradle, this is a self-adhesive pad that was supposed to go on the bottom of a chair etc to stop it from scratching the floorboards. My ipod is the super-skinny 30Gb model and this white pad was the perfect thickness for a nice snug fit and is fuzzy on the front so the ultra-scratchable ipod is kept in mint condition.

Check out my pics! (Disclaimer- If you are offended by dirty honda interiors, please leave the site now)

All the mount is made of is a wooden triangle cut at about 80 degrees, with the cradle screwed on one side and some bad-ass double sided tape on the other. A little bit of black spray paint and bob's your uncle. It does help if you have bits of wood lying around the yard and a 12 hundred dollar chop saw at your disposal, but thats what parents are for!

The dog also played an important role in the installation - and also I couldn't remember which filename that photo was. There is no way I could have done it without the gifts of tennis balls and my old socks she brought me throughout the morning...

On another topic: Firmware 3.05 is awesome. Get it. Simple as that.

Use Ipod UI mode, put disc number on 3. You can skip tracks with the HU's track buttons and skip albums the the HU's ff/rw buttons.

Eurodude I have a high 5 with your name on it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1374.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	6558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1375.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	444.9 KB 
ID:	6559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1376.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	6560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1377.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	453.9 KB 
ID:	6561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1378.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	405.0 KB 
ID:	6562  

You know that look you get from a woman when she wants sex....? Neither do I.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I'm planning to install the new firmware on my Dension tonight.

Quick question though guys- does anyone know if there's an adaptor for the cradle to fit the 5G Video 30gb in?

Regarding sound quality, I noticed there's a definite difference between my iPod Mini and the 5G Video- the 5G has much better production and the bass doesn't sound so "empty" despite having identical MP3 files and no change in EQ settings.