Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    hmmm can you please repost your pics??

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darf View Post
    When I posted last I had the cradle and ipod banging around in the centre bin on the console and I hadn't figured out what the hell to do with it. Since then I have had a sicky/work from home/slept in kinda day. -rest assured I did NOT do any work.

Instead I devoted this day to finding a way to mount the Ipod in my car. It had to be visable/usable while driving, or at least stopped at traffic lights . It also had to be somewere it could easily be hidden while parked. I think the answer is pretty obvious, but I'm pretty happy witht the result and want to inspire all you glovebox-mounted battlers...

The only reason I did not do this originally is that I coudn't see how I could slide the ipod into the cradle as the roof of the storage bin is too low. After spending the previous saturday trying ideas with mounts that could be leaned forward to help inserting the ipod or a telescopic mount that came far enough out to let me drop it in, it turns out that you can just push the ipod in from the front by bending one of the sides outwards slightly. This sounds a bit nasty, but give it a try- the plastic is very flexible. You may also notice a big white circle on the cradle, this is a self-adhesive pad that was supposed to go on the bottom of a chair etc to stop it from scratching the floorboards. My ipod is the super-skinny 30Gb model and this white pad was the perfect thickness for a nice snug fit and is fuzzy on the front so the ultra-scratchable ipod is kept in mint condition.

Check out my pics! (Disclaimer- If you are offended by dirty honda interiors, please leave the site now)

All the mount is made of is a wooden triangle cut at about 80 degrees, with the cradle screwed on one side and some bad-ass double sided tape on the other. A little bit of black spray paint and bob's your uncle. It does help if you have bits of wood lying around the yard and a 12 hundred dollar chop saw at your disposal, but thats what parents are for!

The dog also played an important role in the installation - and also I couldn't remember which filename that photo was. There is no way I could have done it without the gifts of tennis balls and my old socks she brought me throughout the morning...

On another topic: Firmware 3.05 is awesome. Get it. Simple as that.

Use Ipod UI mode, put disc number on 3. You can skip tracks with the HU's track buttons and skip albums the the HU's ff/rw buttons.

Eurodude I have a high 5 with your name on it!

hey guys
    anyone with any nice pics of ICE LINK installs on their Euros?
    Got mine from a honda member here. Top bloke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebOwnOJi0o hope it helps (anyone who wants to use Dension Ice Link for Euro)

Quote Originally Posted by enkay View Post
    you could do it yourself =D
    use this link to help u =D (youtube vid)

otherwise u could try thecarkitcomapy but i think they are expensive

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Luxury N
    Hey there everyone, what if i want to plug an apline ex-10 into my my06 sat nav euro? all i want to do is covert the rear 14 pin input to an aux input so i can connect the ex-10.

Any suggestions on what i could use?

this thread is for Ice Link Plus R3. Might want to repost someplace else.

Member Array
    another old thread dig up...

i cant seem to find a I20-Honda-R3 anymore on ebay... there is a R2, but its too old for my ipod... there is this though:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dension-Iceli...ht_1506wt_1167

any idea's if it will work??

~Ray

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro auto standard
    I wish to install an ipod into my 2005 Euro; I have studied the threads regarding this and viewed the Utube video on the installation of the Dension 120-Honda-R3 posted by ‘enkay’ (Thank you very much for this). My car has a slightly different plug arrangement behind the CD compartment as shown in the video but there is a vacant rectangular socket which I presume is where I would plug in the ICE LINK. There is a blue plug next to the vacant one.

Before I purchase the Dension unit off eBay I wish to confirm a couple of things.

1. Is the Dension 120-Honda-R3 the correct unit for my car? My ipod is a 16GB unit bought in the last 6 months, so I presume it is a current model. I only wish to play music.
    2. I found on eBay a Dension Ice- Link Plus to suit Acura/Honda for US$19-95, it looks like the same pink container as in the Utube video is this the correct one?
    3. Is there anyone out there who has fitted this unit whom I may PM for me to gain more confidence in the task ahead?
    Age and treatchery will always overcome youth and skill