Thanks Hisoka!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    Looks good!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    once you polish it, is it a good idea to put a clear coat over it so you dont have to polish it often?

I tried doing mine with the sand paper as I had a few scratches on the lens. Didnt work out too good. Lens ended up really foggy...even with using the finest grit sandpaper at then end then polishing. Reckon i could buy the autosol and it will clear it up? Any idea if you can buy headlight lens' by themself??

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    did you wet sand it? wet sanding is important as it will smooth out the lights, rather then dry sand paper, start from rough then move to fine. Then using a polishing clothing, apply about 10cent coin amount on the cloth, spread it over the lights, next thing you would do is keep rubbing the cloth hard, you will eventually melt rough layer away. Remember to change to a clean part of the towel and rub hard, until you see a clear coat shine through.

btw it'll dull up after you wet sand it, it doesn't matter, as long as the lens is clear, you can then apply polish and start polishing it

yeah did exactly that, might go get some more wet sand paper and use a finer grit. used autosol but not much luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_EM1 View Post
    yeah did exactly that, might go get some more wet sand paper and use a finer grit. used autosol but not much luck.

i had 800, 1200, 1500 grit sand paper, worked pretty well. However i did noticed that the 1500 was harder to grip. Post up a pic of your lights. I used cut and polish from polyglaze to buff it up

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by burner42 View Post
    i had 800, 1200, 1500 grit sand paper, worked pretty well. However i did noticed that the 1500 was harder to grip. Post up a pic of your lights. I used cut and polish from polyglaze to buff it up
    good idea champ!

what product should I use for the clear coat?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    what product should I use for the clear coat?
    You can use meguiars plastix for the final shine, but I didn't bother, every now and then just use cut and polish to remove the yellow effect, I just used normal cut and polish as it was readily available

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    here's the difference when i first got my car, you can really tell the difference from the left side

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I use autoglym paint renovator, works like a charm.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS