[CL9] Vibration in 2nd gear at 2500rpm only

I have a pretty strange vibration issue in our 2005 Accord Euro CL9.
    The car has travelled approx 165000kms.

The vibration is only evident at around 2500rpm in 2nd gear (around 38km/hr on the speedo). This vibration is not felt through the brake pedal (so not warped rotors or steering). Generally only felt when accelerating through 2500rpm (and is evident only in that narrow band). It is not very severe, more moderate in nature. Have now had this for about 2 years.

Can't really feel this vibration in any other gear, at the same 2500rpm (i.e no vibration in 1st, 3rd of 4th gear at the 2500rpm mark) - so its only in 2nd.

Initially thought it was the infamous drivehshaft issue, however - have replaced driveshafts with good quality items twice now (both drivers and passenger side), and the vibration still remains as described above.

After changing the driveshafts, I wondered whether it was the ageing original clutch. However I changed the clutch recently with OEM components. Clutch is now great, but vibration remains. I have also recently changed all brake rotors and brake pads,

Wondering if this could be one of the engine mounts. Still have original engine mounts.
    Apart from the above vibration issue, the car is in good nick, and drives well.

Any ideas on what could be causing the above ?

Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I'm kind of new to the CL9 myself.
    But from the research i have done: Could be APP sensor.

Is it jerky at all? Rather then just vibration.

Have you inspected the mounts, can you see any cracking in the bushings at all?

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Sounds like the good old inner CV joint issue: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...oint+vibration

Did a bit more research, the vibration is more a whole body shake (not jerky)...e.g. if I have coins in the centre console etc, then they will jingle around, for a second of so, as I accelerate through that narrow speed range.

The vibration happens under acceleration at one particular speed range (approx 35km/hr to 38km/hr). No vibration below or above that speed range. No vibration when I am decelerating through that speed range though. Similarly no vibration if I am coasting at that speed range.

Therefore it is definitely acceleration related, and occurs for that particular narrow speed band of 35-38km/hr (regardless of gear).
    So if I am accelerating through that speed range in 2nd or 3rd gear then I can feel it.

ricciardi80, I'm assuming that if it was APP sensor, then it would probably occur for a particular throttle position for all gears, which this doesn't seem to be doing.As the throttle is at different positions, for 2nd gear doing 35km/hr and 3rd gear doing 35km/hr...

V205 - I did initially suspect the driveshafts (and changed these out twice now - both sides), and this exact issue remains, however no vibration at all at highway speeds.

I am assuming that it has to be an engine mount (as they are all original). Which engine mounts should I start inspecting/replacing first?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    can you try to do 40kmh at 1st or 4th gear and see if you got vibration?

check also the drive belt tension-er AND the motor mount.

Also if you've never done it before, do an engine de-carbon, just in case it's the EGR or PCV system playing up.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 20-09-2017 at 12:23 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars