Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    what about sump plug washer and an enviromental waste charge(disposal of oil)?
    1st change is supposed to be free in terms of labour so you pay in parts. So I guess you will get charged for that sump washer.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by shadou View Post
    maybe someone should make a sticky about service and what they include. I would but I can't remember them all. Pfft sif panda those washers are what 5cents each? I got a shit load of them sitting in my toolbox
    Nah, they are $0.50 or more. And they are not the same as the washers used for other bolts.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    so with what you're saying, it'd be a better option for me to change to the Honda Engine oil instead of the Castrol Magnatech option?

and yeah, from what I remember him telling me, I'll only have to pay for the oil, everything else is provided for.
    Yeah, I'd prefer Honda FEO over Magnatec (which turned rough after about 7000km.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    If your Euro is a 06 model the oil gets changed. If its a 07 model the 1000km service is just a safety check as they have a run in oil that gets replaced at your next service. Honda doesnt recomend changing them so why would you waste money changing the oil if there is a special oil from the factory?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by vtek View Post
    If your Euro is a 06 model the oil gets changed. If its a 07 model the 1000km service is just a safety check as they have a run in oil that gets replaced at your next service. Honda doesnt recomend changing them so why would you waste money changing the oil if there is a special oil from the factory?
    wouldn't that be conflicting with what the service manual for 1000km says?

because it's written that it needs to be changed.

maybe another way to siphon money off the end user. but giving them the benefit of the doubt, why would they still list it down? surely there must be some basis behind it *apart from fiscal reasons*

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    really .50 cents each? sweet I got like $20 worth of honda sump washers then omg so happy didn't pay a cent for them either.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Yeah we got a bulletin saying not to change them so we dont change them. In the middle of your VIN what is the number before the Letter 6C or 7C?

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    wouldn't that be conflicting with what the service manual for 1000km says?

because it's written that it needs to be changed.

maybe another way to siphon money off the end user. but giving them the benefit of the doubt, why would they still list it down? surely there must be some basis behind it *apart from fiscal reasons*

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by vtek View Post
    Yeah we got a bulletin saying not to change them so we dont change them. In the middle of your VIN what is the number before the Letter 6C or 7C?
    507C is on the VIN.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 31-05-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Ok it is definantly 07 Ill check tomorow at work. Honda have lost it if it has it in the book and telling us to not change the oil.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    1st change is supposed to be free in terms of labour so you pay in parts. So I guess you will get charged for that sump washer.
    exactly what i am saying. u also pay for disposal of oil too

and pretty sure dealers charge almost a dollar for those washers

the average first service costs for euro's is $40-50 depending what dealer as they all charge slightly different amounts for different items
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    If you have to change oil at 1000k service just buy FEO (10W30 i think)from spares before you drop your car off to service.i agree with Aaron FEO is better than Magnatec.If service says not to change oil and service book says change oil get them to ring HA while you're there and ask what the fcuk is going on.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    As I said earlier, I recently saw a new civic that was being serviced for another reason by a local mechanic (who I trust) and he replaced the oil and filter. The amount of debree in the oil at only 2k was amazing. I would have thought that even if the oil is 'special' damage would be occuring.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.