Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro

Euro control panel(temperature and audio) display very dim(almost can't see!). HELP!!

hello all,
    been having my euro awhile and been happy with it.
    Something weird happened though. Drove the car to a mate's place last night and shut it off. After 10 mins, jumped in the car and drove home.
    Noticed that the control panel display was not lit up at all! This is the panel that displays your temperature and audio/CD controls(ie. volume and etc).
    Stopped the car and restarted it (stupid idea) but doesn't seem to work.

This morning, I noticed the light was very dim.

Suspect: The panel lights got fused or something

Took the car to a Honda dealer this morning and they can only book it in as soon as monday (which is way too long and hard for me to drive without being able to see the temperature control).

Guys, has this happened to you before?

Thanks
    nobody knows everything. They have to start somewhere. Thank you for showing me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual
    Is there any chance you touched the trip meter button which also brightens or dims the dashboard lights there may be a connection between the two? Try turning the little knob clockwise I think this brightens the lights. I often dim mine if I am driving a long way at night.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    That's it...clockwise to brighten....
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    By control panel, he means the audio and A/C control. That is not controlled by the dimmer. Since it is dim and not totally off, the LCD backlight has died. It happened to many TSX owners and also happened to EuroAccord13 here. He had his fixed under warranty by replacing the WHOLE audio-A/c control unit. So remember to take your CDs out before you go to the dealer.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

the dimmer at the dash meters only works on the meter...

When you on the headlights, the dimmer cuts in and dim all the lights at the central console, so most probably the light switch or the relay inside failed.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    if you read in the manual book, there's a button that if pressed and hold (sorry, can't remember which button, but one of the cd/radio/console button), the cd/radio lights will dim, and will come back again if pressed and hold again. But if this is not the case, then it's time to get it replaced under warranty. Nick had the same problem, not sure if he's got it replaced or not.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77 View Post
    if you read in the manual book, there's a button that if pressed and hold (sorry, can't remember which button, but one of the cd/radio/console button), the cd/radio lights will dim, and will come back again if pressed and hold again. But if this is not the case, then it's time to get it replaced under warranty. Nick had the same problem, not sure if he's got it replaced or not.
    That's the CD/AUX button. But that totally turns off the centre console LCD. So it's not the problem since his is dim and he can still barely see it. He has the same problem as Nick (who got it replaced under warranty)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    man from the looks of it, I will have to bring it in for replacement. The issue is that it will take so much time.

1) These fellas @ Honda would have to diagnose the fault [ time consuming as in to wait for them to work on my car]
    2) Confirm the fault
    3) Get the replacement part [ time consuming ]
    4) Fix the part in

this is one instance i missed the old school gauges.

Anyway, guys, you have been fantastic. Thank you all!!!
    nobody knows everything. They have to start somewhere. Thank you for showing me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Got an update.

I was promised the replacement about 3 weeks ago. The first thing mentioned to me was that it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to come from Sydney to Melbourne. This is from Honda's distributor headunits.

I've been ringing them almost each day to check and yes, no show. This went on for over 2 weeks. I have complained to Honda Australia and all they did was to ring me back telling me nothing can be done. Hence, passing the buck away.

Man, the car is on full extended warranty and it's harder than asking them to donate blood. Imagine if the car was off warranty. Very,very dissapointed with Honda's "prestigious" warranty and service.

Never ever had such an issue with my WRX.

Sigh, sigh and sigh...
    Just an update...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    PS: it's winter now and freakin' cold. I am stuck guessing the god damned setting for temperatures in the car... Some honda prestige in a EURO luxury.

To be fair, the overall performance of the car is faultless but in sight of completeness, this is really dissappointing.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    You can still see the digits without the lights as long as the light source is coming from the top....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    If I'm not mistaken, the lowest setting is LO, then from there up is 18,19,20, etc. I guess you can sort of remember this in mind when you set your climate control until it's fixed...
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)