Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG

DC2 VTI-R Overhaul

Can anyone comment, or fill in the blanks from the below proposed DC2 Overhaul?

Coilover: Tein Flex
    Front Swaybar: ?
    Rear Swaybar: 24mm Whiteline
    Front Strut: ?
    Rear Strut: ?

Anything else I could possibly look at? Do I have to reinforce the subframe after installing the heavy duty Swaybars?

What about Bushes?

Currently suspension is stock.

Thanks,
    Matt
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Why did you post this in the Audio section?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Definitely do some research. There are heaps of posts about this. I can give you a quick heads up though

I have Tein Super Street with DC2R LCAs and had major problems fitting the Whiteline rear swaybar. The bar constantly was rubbing against the LCAs (and no it wasn't installed upside down). In the end I brought my car into Fulcrum and they too couldn't work it out so I ended up getting my money back.

So now I've got DC2R rear swaybar but waiting to get a subframe reinforcement kit otherwise u will suffer subframe tear out. Possible options to choose for this are the Beaks kit or the ASR brace. Check the Ozhonda traders.

There is no real need to upgrade the front sway bar as it is good enough stock. Good luck...

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by shebangs View Post

Front Swaybar: LEAVE STOCK

Front Strut: NO NEED
    Rear Strut: NO NEED

Anything else I could possibly look at? Do I have to reinforce the subframe after installing the heavy duty Swaybars?
    The whiteline kit you speak of , includes reinforcement to suit.
    Currently tho , whiteline is redesigning their kits for better reinforcement so hang in there.
    IMO , the biggest handling difference you will get is from upgrading the rear swaybar. Next , would be a FRONT CASTOR KIT. This is a great hidden mod that increases turn in / reduces understeer and increases overall feel of the car.
    Dont forget , once its all installed to get a decent alignment ! And decent tyres too

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    I have ITR suspension, with ITR lca's and JDM 23mm rear sway bar + Beaks subframe reinforcement kit.
    As Bennjamin said a front castor kit is a great idea, yet to get one myself tho.
    Feel free to pm me any q's.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by GOODAN View Post
    I have Tein Super Street with DC2R LCAs and had major problems fitting the Whiteline rear swaybar. The bar constantly was rubbing against the LCAs (and no it wasn't installed upside down). In the end I brought my car into Fulcrum and they too couldn't work it out so I ended up getting my money back.
    Do Flex have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Currently tho , whiteline is redesigning their kits for better reinforcement so hang in there.
    IMO , the biggest handling difference you will get is from upgrading the rear swaybar. Next , would be a FRONT CASTOR KIT. This is a great hidden mod that increases turn in / reduces understeer and increases overall feel of the car.
    Dont forget , once its all installed to get a decent alignment ! And decent tyres too
    What's the ETA on this? By reinforcement, I remember reading numerous threads on peoples subframes from tearing from using the Whiteline heavy Duty swaybar kit?
    Coilovers + LCA
    Rear Swaybar
    and the Front Castor?

That's fine by me, saves me money. I could always blow some cash later down the track on Cusco Front/Rear Struts etc if I wanted, but yeah thanks, as you said definately not bang for buck.

I'm still a little curious if Flex will be too hard, even at the softest settings for when the GF is in the car or Driving to work.
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    I have ITR suspension, with ITR lca's and JDM 23mm rear sway bar + Beaks subframe reinforcement kit.
    As Bennjamin said a front castor kit is a great idea, yet to get one myself tho.
    Feel free to pm me any q's.
    So you just upgraded to ITR Springs/Shocks? May I ask why didn't you go one above and get decent Coilovers + LCA? It wouldn't be that much more would it?
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    IMO

speaking of whiteline, is there a trader on here that still does them because i searched and couldnt find the thread. maybe i'm not using the corredct key words,

pm ëuro69 - he deals with them

I had the castor kit (effectively some longer bolts and a few washers to push the LCA forward) on from some time. It caused a good amount of rubbing, creaks and groans from the front end, and required constant monitoring of the LCA bolts.

Yes it does feel good, but not worth the hassle IMO.
    I've since removed it.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    do all caster kits do that or just the whiteline?

Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    do all caster kits do that or just the whiteline?
    not all - some replace the lower bush and bring it forward.
    The whiteline kit , while works is alittle dodgy and does rub in places.
    Best to swap the upper control arms side to side , which will give you more castor too.