Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

anyone experienced in taking off euro front bar? Edit: CAI install help

Went and picked up my Fujita CAI from the post office today, and had a look at what was involved in the installation

i've asked here before and most of you guys tell me i can prolly DIY even though i don't know anything but i'm not sure if i can take the bumper off myself lol

anyone live in south sydney who has done a DIY CAI install (near hurstville) and have some spare time to come help me with the install?? willing to pay!

edit: sorry! mine is 05 base model with no fog lights, so if u are awesome and know how to do it without taking off the front bar then even better!
    Last edited by Entity; 20-05-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is yours an 03-05 or an 06-07? Base or Luxury model?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Removing the front bumper is easier than you think. Its not hard once you know how, but there are around ~20 bolts and clips to remove and takes about 15-20 minutes.

There are six steps:
    1) remove the black plastic trim at the top of the bumper, its a few bolts and clips.
    2) Underneath the bumper, remove the bolts and clips that hold the undershielding to the front bottom edge of the bumper
    3) Remove the two bolts from the bumper in the wheel arches
    4) Put some cushions/rugs under the bumper so it doesnt get scratched
    5) gently pull each side of the bumper outwards to unclip the bumper from the side rails.
    6) pull the bumper towards you from the front.

Or you can access the 'inaccessible' AirIntake bolt through the LHS fog light depending on the model, as Aaron will tell you about
    Last edited by EuroDude; 17-05-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    This is probably a pretty good picture as to what you need to do to remove your front bar. It varied a little from our car, but all the bolts and clips are pretty much the same.

| cusco strut brace : toda headers : metal cat : fujitsubo legalisR : comptech SS : mugen visors : mugen CF airbox : euroR badges : custom 3M floor mats |

yeah i know there are good instructions on http://www.pryor-place.com/honda/TSXInjenCAI_DIY.htm

but looks fricking complicated.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    So which model do you have? If you have an 03-05 base model without foglights, you can install it without removing your bumper.

ok so i have the 05 standard model, and today after much head scratching i took off the fog light cover and figured out where the "hard to get" bolt is.

even if i don't take off the front bumper, i will have to take off the left wheel and fold back the molding to get the pod filter in.

the only thing i dont understand in the instructions is it tells me to:

"Remove vacuum and coolant plenum" after i have install the CAI

i have no idea what that means.. any help?

also, is "crank case breather hose" the same thing as a "splash guard"?
    Last edited by Entity; 20-05-2007 at 03:00 PM.

nvm lol installed it... the resonator box was a HUGE bitch to get out even after i got that "notorious bolt" off.. just because i didnt know the piping can be disconnected.

the cai went in okay, the only problem was the air temp sensor extension was abit short and now it keeps falling out.. so i might need to get some new t clamps to clamp it in better.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    nvm lol installed it... the resonator box was a HUGE bitch to get out even after i got that "notorious bolt" off.. just because i didnt know the piping can be disconnected.

the cai went in okay, the only problem was the air temp sensor extension was abit short and now it keeps falling out.. so i might need to get some new t clamps to clamp it in better.
    Nice, welcome to the world of DIY!

With the air temp sensor, can you rotate the plastic adapter slightly so that the mounting hole is slightly closer to the sensor?

the rubber tube is too short, so it keeps falling off....

the INJEN seems to just have a huge rubber tube and ommitted the use of the sensor completely but the Fujita gives a 2.5cm aluminium extension.. but its too short and keeps falling off

i think i'm gonna take a photo and show u guys, might be easier to explain that way.

bit of an update: took it for a drive and the sensor keeps slipping.. i really need to find a longer tube or something.

unlike INJEN, the fujita doesn't lose power down low, although i think it doesnt have as much gain as the injen up high either i'm more preferential to not losing power down low.

also unlike INJEN, the fujita is abit louder, below 3000rpm u can still hear it, the noise however doesn't really become loud until at least 4000rpm... at 5000rpm it is VERY LOUD.

the sound is probably not as good as some of the sound clips i have heard.. which is a bummer but i guess im just not used to it yet and havent really sat in other CAI modded euros at WOT. but at the moment i dont really feel a loss down low which is good, but at the same time, i dont really feel any gains either :P