Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

8th Gen Issues - Shame on you Honda

Has anyone had issues with their civic? My civic is only 5 months old with 4000kms and I already have a list of issues. Im very surprised and disappointed that a honda this new is having issues. It seems like quality on these cars arent crash hot. I would also expect after a year of the car being released, that they would have improved their production methods.

The issues that I have are

- Drivers window gets stuck - FIXED by honda
    - Rattling noise on the left hand side front. Somewhere in the door or dash. Started out with a little noise and I thought it was just some crap we had in the glove box. Now I hear it everytime I go over a bump.
    - Cannot open boot with key. It just won't turn.
    - the trim around the gear leaver has lifted. This is a manual. It is the right bottom corner closest to the driver. Very crap fitting. This has only appeared recently.

My wife drives this car so it is never thrashed and it sits in the garage. Im very disappointed honda!!

I've owned 3 other hondas and this has got to be the worst.

I'll be taking it to Honda next week to get it fixed and to let them know what I think about their latest product!!

Sorry to hear. I too had issues with the driver window not working property. That was it. Its just unlucky. Im pretty sure if you bought any car, theres a chance that something will be wrong. I reckon even if you bought a bentley gt cont. theres a chance something is not right. As long as they fix it promptly and dont f**k u around, im happy

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Comments in red:

Quote Originally Posted by tan18d View Post
    The issues that I have are

- Drivers window gets stuck - FIXED by honda
    Honda's fault
    - Rattling noise on the left hand side front. Somewhere in the door or dash. Started out with a little noise and I thought it was just some crap we had in the glove box. Now I hear it everytime I go over a bump.
    Probably loose wiring behind the glovebox, also Honda's fault for not using enough tape
    - Cannot open boot with key. It just won't turn.
    Get it fixed under warranty. Things like this just fail sometimes.
    - the trim around the gear leaver has lifted. This is a manual. It is the right bottom corner closest to the driver. Very crap fitting. This has only appeared recently.
    Is it the entire plastic piece or just the decorative edging? Get it fixed under warranty. If it is the entire trim corner, just push the clip back down.

My wife drives this car so it is never thrashed and it sits in the garage. Im very disappointed honda!!

I've owned 3 other hondas and this has got to be the worst.

I'll be taking it to Honda next week to get it fixed and to let them know what I think about their latest product!!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Build quality is lacking. The 8th gen are built in thailand. =9
    EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by kn1ghtm4r3 View Post
    Build quality is lacking. The 8th gen are built in thailand. =9
    are they? I was always under the impression that it wasn't. oh well....

but I would think that just because it's made in Thailand doesn't mean that the build quality suffers as a result. unless that's just me being too optimistic.

Well i have seen some reviews of other cars built in thai and the reviewer says the build quality is somewhat lacking. ahahah cut costs make profit =9
    but i dunno maybe some ppl may disagree.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=11247

only the hybrids i believe are built in jap and then imported here.
    EVOLUTIONOZ - The Australian Evo Community

Is it the entire plastic piece or just the decorative edging? Get it fixed under warranty. If it is the entire trim corner, just push the clip back down.
    The trim corner is a seperate piece and when I push it down, it just pops back up. Looks like it must have lost its shape somehow. Definitely something you wouldnt expect in a new car.

One thing Im hesitant about when taking things back to dealers is that they may try to fix something but ultimately bodge it up even worse and then hide it.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    hmmm, looks like you have atypical 8th gen civic problems. I have a 2007 build sports auto and so far (touch wood) is faultless from a build quality perspective.
    Though your car is new in owneship, was it perhaps a '06 build?...just curious.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tan18d View Post
    One thing Im hesitant about when taking things back to dealers is that they may try to fix something but ultimately bodge it up even worse and then hide it.
    If you have warranty and you don't want to make use of it, then what else can we advise you to do?

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    I've tried to use my warranty before.. to claim on the rattling noise inside both front doors if I turn on the music with some quite bass, very noticeable.. they still insist due to the limitation of the standard speakers, which it is obvious to be some sort of metal noise. Tried 2 times to claim with no result.

Solution: Open your door panel, try to play around with electrical tape to cover area that 'loose'. Add up with a descent sound deadening.. and you should be alright.. but I still get rattling noise tho.. since my door panel can't sealed properly now.. speaker hit the panels.. LOL...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Actually, the warranty doesn't cover rattles. It's stated in your service booklet. Any repair for rattles is done by your dealer's goodwill and they are not reimbursed by Honda (unless it is one that has a service bulletin).

Go get your trim and boot fixed under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Actually, the warranty doesn't cover rattles. It's stated in your service booklet. Any repair for rattles is done by your dealer's goodwill and they are not reimbursed by Honda (unless it is one that has a service bulletin).
    funny that; my passenger front airbag, passenger front seat and engine are rattling. while neither service centre that i've had look at it (hornsby and artarmon) has charged me for looking at them, it is true that they seemed totally disinterested with the usual "can't hear it" or "it's a characteristic sound" excuse... and your post helps to clarify why i keep getting that.

nonetheless: tan18d, you only have 4 faults with your civic. my 12 month old civic has 26 faults (twenty-six) and quite frankly i'm fed up with the build quality and after the next service am going to consider taking legal action unless all the problems are fixed.
    Last edited by chylld; 19-05-2007 at 08:40 AM.