Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    If only we were to get the "Made in Japan" models, I'm sure the build quality of japanese made are seamless and worry free.

I saw and sat in the jap build ones in NZ and I have to tell you for some reason (maybe I'm just being stupid) but the 8th Gen civics over there look so much better and the build quality is effortless compared to the ones here.
    They even have HID headlights as factory!

They say that any Honda manufacturing plant must meet strict quality standards but still I think the Japanese made ones have a more strict quality standard than the other plants. Even my japanese friend says that the Japanese take pride and effort in building cars and all their products, it's just how they are.

Made in Thailand?...a bit unfortunate.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Sports 2006
    i got my civic sport in 2006 when it first came out.i must say the finishing is very bad... my left side plastic panel on the dash. it is the small panel on the inside of the left hand mirror. you can see ducts on top where i believe air comes out.

it has popped out in hot weather !!

i pop it back in and it keeps popping out in hot weather. took it back to the dealer and they replaced the clips but it popped out again. its cooler now and i have pushed it back in. going to take it to the dealer when i do my 10k service.

the trimming around the linings have come out.... oh well ...i dont drive a lot. i stay in the city and work in the city and I am just about to hit 10k after almost a year. this was very unexpected about honda's quality.

i bought the honda because of recommendations from family members. we have been honda buyers for many years. but i think not anymore after this. i was considering the mazda 3 which was made in japan !!! aiyayaya... anyways.......

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by kikks9 View Post
    the trimming around the linings have come out....
    which trimmings/linings are you talking about?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    The Civic is built to a price - there is no doubt about it. But the value is amazing. The 1990 Civic I have as a spare car cost my family $28,000 when it was new on the road. Translate that into 2007 money terms and it is like spending $50,000 on a base model Civic.

The cost of new cars in relative terms to what it was even 10 years ago is unbelievable.

Build quality may not be as good as my 1990 Civic - but you are getting a lot of car for the money. $22k for a base model manual Civic is an absolute bargain - even if you do have to put up with some minor finish issues and rattles. As long as you don't have any major drivetrain or engine problems you should be happy.
    Last edited by yfin; 19-05-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by chylld View Post
    after the next service am going to consider taking legal action unless all the problems are fixed.
    Having some experience in this area - I suggest you seriously think about selling the car and getting something else or put up with the dealer efforts to rectify. The time and effort involved in solving these issues through legal avenues is not worth the effort. And lawyers cost money - a cost you are unlikely to recover.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Sports 2006
    look at the grey plastic trim around your doors. the grey plastic cloth trim around the roof section is supposed to be under the darker grey plastic lining. mine does not go under properly and sometimes pop out. it is quite miniscule and does not irritate me as much as the popping panel on my dash but hey .... i paid quite a lot of money for the car ahahah.... i hate the popping dash panel.

which trimmings/linings are you talking about?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    sigh...anybody knows where the cars made in the thailand factory get sent to besides australia??
    Last edited by ozR18; 19-05-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    Having some experience in this area - I suggest you seriously think about selling the car and getting something else or put up with the dealer efforts to rectify. The time and effort involved in solving these issues through legal avenues is not worth the effort. And lawyers cost money - a cost you are unlikely to recover.
    Good point. Im actually a bit concerned mainly because this is only a 5 mth old car. What happens after 1 year, 3 years, and then after no warranty....

Any issues that occur on a new car spoils the whole point of buying a brand new car. Typically people buy brand new cars to save the hassle of fixing crappy issues that occur in older used cars. This obviously saves alot of time and also money. Hence I bought a new car to save time and money. If I have to continually take the car back for silly repairs that you just expect to work in a new car then it has made my purchasing a brand new car cast ineffective.

I guess I opened this thread to see if anyone else was having issues and also to make others aware of the issues that arise from this new civic. I know complaining to Honda has minimal effect but talking to fellow honda owners surely works. Word of mouth is alot more effective than advertising......

funny that; my passenger front airbag, passenger front seat and engine are rattling. while neither service centre that i've had look at it (hornsby and artarmon) has charged me for looking at them, it is true that they seemed totally disinterested with the usual "can't hear it" or "it's a characteristic sound" excuse... and your post helps to clarify why i keep getting that.

nonetheless: tan18d, you only have 4 faults with your civic. my 12 month old civic has 26 faults (twenty-six) and quite frankly i'm fed up with the build quality and after the next service am going to consider taking legal action unless all the problems are fixed.
    Mate! I feel for you. This is the first time I have bought a new car so maybe Im feeling a bit tight in regards to quality but you definetely have big issues with 26 faults. I might just stick to subaru again... Ive owned 2 subies and they were perfect. My last 3 hondas were great too. My 2 nissans were ok. Toyotas, I need not say anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
    Quote Originally Posted by tan18d View Post
    Mate! I feel for you. This is the first time I have bought a new car so maybe Im feeling a bit tight in regards to quality but you definetely have big issues with 26 faults. I might just stick to subaru again... Ive owned 2 subies and they were perfect. My last 3 hondas were great too. My 2 nissans were ok. Toyotas, I need not say anything.
    27 now.

yeah subies are great, the gf has one (gx) and every chance i get i drive it instead of the civic.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by kn1ghtm4r3 View Post
    Build quality is lacking. The 8th gen are built in thailand. =9
    that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

just cuz its made in thailand does not mean jack shit.

there are less problems with thailand sourced hondas than australian sourced fords and holdens.