Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Nope purchased from a dealer...6 month warranty from dealer as well..

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by FDPete View Post
    Hi guys. I have just purchased a used 07 FD2 Civic Sport auto...have had it about 2 weeks and so far i think its great..

hoping someone can assist or shed some light on a mysterious water leak that i found today in my driveway...after driving about 50 mins in peak hour home (was a nice sunny arvo about 18 degrees here in chilly Melbourne) i notice a water leak after moving my car into the garage..seems to be coming from around the left front passenger firewall area...let the car idle and sure enough there is a slow and steady leak (about a drop every 2-3 seconds)

Its definitely just water (very clear), checked the coolant level was ok...popped the oil cap no sludge (feared the worst blown head gasket)..but surely its only done 24,000 kays..
    I did not use the aircon at all (in fact dont think i have used it yet) as i thought it may be the condenser freezing and then melting the water.....

Anyone else experienced this? Probably nothing too drastic but still shouldn't happen on a newish car..car is under warranty until May next year (haven't had a chance to send of the change of registered owner yet) hope Honda do still cover if there turns out to be a problem...will work out which dealer i need to take it to tomorrow

Anyone ideas?
    dw its normal, happens to me as well

you will soon find other problems... i.e - left door rattling when the music is cranked up , right side of the car lower than left..
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Mmm, cant be normal, where is the water coming from??

I had given it a quick was on Saturday at the local car wash (just used the high pressure spray, no brush of course don't want swirl marks!!)...does it collect water anywhere? I was thinking that maybe its not draining correctly through the channels therefore there is a small build up of H2O that would start dripping...

Left door thankfully doesn't rattle have cranked it up, although i am thinking of changing the front speakers as they are crap..may add some tweeters as well.car sits level as far as i can see.

Busy at work today will try and get it booked into a dealer this week

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    its normal.....its a condensed water coming from your aircon unit...its coming from the evaporators drain tube..so nothing to worry about...

cheers
    Last edited by fitme; 28-10-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Hope so!!

Sorry to drag this out, but would this still happen even if the aircon hasn't been used? (as in this case)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by FDPete View Post
    Hope so!!

Sorry to drag this out, but would this still happen even if the aircon hasn't been used? (as in this case)
    Maybe you should check if the aircon works?

Doesn't VTI-L and Sport have climate control?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    yep tried the aircon yesterday works fine

Swirl marks from the brush? lol. Scratches maybe... If you don't clean it out.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    lol my right side and left side isn't the same height too

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    ^^ which one is higher? is it the driver side??

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    the drivers side is lower

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yep same. I think it's cos of the steering column.... so logically, any car would have this issue.